Fly Tying

I use one of those folding snack/dinner tables. That way, I can store my stuff however and wherever and I can set up wherever I want (even out on the deck if I want to). I just load the table up with whatever I need for the set of flies I am working on and clean it up afterwards.

Right now I have a plastic tub and tackle box, everything in a bunch of little craft organizers. I just get it out and clean up and put it away when I'm done.

I am sure the reason are good ... but downsizing at the same time you're increasing the size of your family ???

I've no ideas on how to downsize, except to give up stuff. Give up a "tying station". Find a place to store your stuff, put together a portable tying kit that you can set up on the dining room table ... use it when you can.

Well the reasons are money... But, we finally found a place that is a 3br in our price range, so we are doing that. We just cannot afford most of the 3br's in the area with the new child. It will cost $6500 out of pocket for the delivery (insurance sucks) and that will wipe out our savings completely. Thats why we were looking for a smaller place, to be able to still buy diapers and food... HAHA We have a tight income to debt ratio... Student loans suck, and are killing us. So yeah...

Probably won't be shopping for one of those tall double door cabinets with a slide out for a TV & storage drawers above, below & in the doors for now.

Well I have more room then I need. I have a wood shop in the garage, a tinkering bench in the basement where I have a bullet making station and a fly tying area. I also have a great shed in the backyard. Your welcome to store all your stuff in my basement.

I'm with mike and Dave. I don't like being relegated to one place when I tie. Most times I carry my portable station into my kitchen and bring with it the material I'm going to be using. Sometimes I bring a kitchen chair into the living room and set my portable on a TV tray table and tie while I watch a football or hockey game. Simple enough to put away when I'm done. Sometimes I go out back.

Do what I did. Get rid of the wife. Problem solved. Just kidding of course. smile.png

LOL, the wife isn't the issue, the kids are. Not a "problem" but it does make doing the things you "want" to do more difficult. However kids also enlighten your life and give you lots of Joy as well, so no issue. :)

Well I have more room then I need. I have a wood shop in the garage, a tinkering bench in the basement where I have a bullet making station and a fly tying area. I also have a great shed in the backyard. Your welcome to store all your stuff in my basement.

I'm with mike and Dave. I don't like being relegated to one place when I tie. Most times I carry my portable station into my kitchen and bring with it the material I'm going to be using. Sometimes I bring a kitchen chair into the living room and set my portable on a TV tray table and tie while I watch a football or hockey game. Simple enough to put away when I'm done. Sometimes I go out back.

Yeah, I hear ya. Lucky you with all that! Geeze... See I don't mind moving around when I tie, however I also video my ties, so its easier to have one spot setup to tie. If that makes sense. Cant make a good video while sitting on the couch watching TV. HAHA

You could hang the pegboard on a wall, then put a whatever table fits in front of it. Use plastic bins and drawers on top of and under the table. Cheap and simple.

Before I went to the roll top my tying bench was an old computer desk. I used a combination on bins and trays for storage.

Before I went to the roll top my tying bench was an old computer desk. I used a combination on bins and trays for storage.

That's what I use now... but yeah, I think I'm sticking with it cause we have a 3br now... found one at a good price, so we are taking it. Signed the papers today....

If you're renting ... then use this year to prepare to buy. In most cases, you can get a nicer place than you're renting, and pay about 2/3 for mortgage. It is considerably less expensive to own.

If you're renting ... then use this year to prepare to buy. In most cases, you can get a nicer place than you're renting, and pay about 2/3 for mortgage. It is considerably less expensive to own.

Thank you for this... we have been trying for 5 years to buy... bank won't allow it. Thanks though...

Thank you for this... we have been trying for 5 years to buy... bank won't allow it. Thanks though...

If I could make the Chamber of Commerces for Durango and Bayfield, Colorado and Bloomfield and Farmington, New Mexico do stuff, I would make them pay you for producing and distributing your videos. They make people want to travel there for the fishing. You could also feature another fab thing or place to see or do there. There are hundreds of cool and fun things in your locale.

If I could make the Chamber of Commerces for Durango and Bayfield, Colorado and Bloomfield and Farmington, New Mexico do stuff, I would make them pay you for producing and distributing your videos. They make people want to travel there for the fishing. You could also feature another fab thing or place to see or do there. There are hundreds of cool and fun things in your locale.

Yes there are tons of cool places and things to do here... but no one is gonna pay me for my lame videos. Haha

Well, I would pay for quality film and voice work, if I was in that position. You know the local politics best, however, and maybe they already have someone doing that kind of promotional stuff.

You should see what Casper, Wyoming does to promote the sideshows for people who come there to fish Grey Reef, Miracle Mile, and about 10 other primo lakes or stretches of river.

In selfish ways, I hate it, because it just puts more fishing pressure on the easy to access spots. But, if a bunch of visitors were diverted away from the waters to other attractions....................