Fly Tying
dflanagan

Carp craic!

Thanks. I chose that pattern because I hate using peacock hurl and it requires a good bit. I'm way more comfortable with it now, so if nothing else I learned a lot.

If you hate peacock herl and need to learn more about get on over and tell Breambuster in his swap. He'll pick a fly just for you.

Two sets remaining. One set is on the way but we're at the mercy of the USPS. Anyone heard from MOO-D lately?

Carpflyguy's set showed up today. Gotta love the USPS. They don't mess up often but, when they do, they go all out.

Still one set out. I'll check in with MOO-D and see what his status is. Hopefully we can wrap this one up soon.

Bad part is MOO-D has not been on site in 3 weeks. Maybe end up one short this swap. Still should get a nice selection of carp food

Bad part is MOO-D has not been on site in 3 weeks. Maybe end up one short this swap. Still should get a nice selection of carp food

Saw that. If I don't hear back from him before the weekend, I'll get everything sorted and back out to everyone. Sorry for the delay but I wanted to give everyone a chance to get their flies in.

We definitely have a good assortment. They should all catch fish. I'll get a photo of the group before I send them out.

Ok, guys, I got them sorted and packed up. Never heard back from MOO-D so we're one short. Hope everything is good with him but you all have been patient, which I appreciate. I'll have them in the mail Monday.

We have a really nice assortment of flies. These should put a hurtin' on ol' rubberlips. :D

Since we're short, everyone will get a copy of their fly back. Thanks to everyone who sent extras. I have a couple buddies who I'm trying to get into fly fishing. If you don't mind, I'll throw the extras in with some other stuff I'm tying to get them started.

Cheers, guys, and thanks for making my first swap a success.

post-59660-0-19895800-1496547054_thumb.jpg

Keep my extras as well! Once again thanks for hosting!!!

Someone asked up in the post asked what I used for the tail on my fly. It is a rubber string that I got on clearence from Michael's and which are used to make braclets for kids. When ever I am in a craft store whether it be Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Joann's or a Dollar Store I always check out the clearance section. You never know what you can find and if you have some imagination it usually can be incorporated into some sort of fly.