Fly Tying
dflanagan

September flies from the vise

retro, that is one of the nicest scuds I've seen. What is the leg material? I've tried different ways but Ostrich and dubbing and herl just don't give those long wiggly legs.

Then you'll be surprised when I tell you it's ostrich herl lol

And thank you

Bulb,

Nice Ties & Photography.

Bulb, those are nice.

Bulb, those are nice flies. Never tied parachutes with CDC post but may give it a try. Have a lot of CDC I've trimmed the tips off for flies and maybe I can use the leftovers for that. Yes, the site was down for a few days and since I've lost one of my favorite sites in the past that never came back I was working toward a panic attack. I'm too addicted to this screen and keyboard.

As for your second photo, I hope a lot of people didn't have the off color thoughts of piercings I did when I first looked at it. ;-)

Thank you gentlemen!

Vicrider you should definately try cdc as a post material, its the best option out there in my opinion. It floats really well, and is visible in light colors since it stays 'puffy' when fished because its so water repellent. I use regular loon floatant om my cdc dries and it works great. As for the leftover feathers what I do is I cut out a bit of the stem and preen the fibers forward before tying it down. That way you can get two or sometimes three posts out of a single big feather, which really cuts down on cdc usage.

MOpWf4U.jpg

Just an experiment, probably won't work but I hope it does. would be nice for picky trout sipping caddis flies off the surface

Gonna use a brown Sharpie to color scud back as brown scud back isn't close to brown. This is size 10 for the bass.

Very nice Tom.

Next one you tie, put brown markers on the back fibers before finishing the scud back.

The color won't wash or rub off and shows thru the scud back.

Gonna use rust brown dubbing next. The brown looked right in packet but ended too light but still produced very well in early pre work use. I did short 6 inch quick pulls pause let sink a little then repeat.

Weedless frog. Version 4

I like how you used the foam to make it weedless.

Is that a plastic or metal bead at the eye?

Weedless frog. Version 4

I like how you used the foam to make it weedless.

Is that a plastic or metal bead at the eye?

Thanks. It's foam. I tie the green on the bottom and poke a hole in it to slip the hook eye through. Then tie in the black the same way, just trimming close. Then I coat the head with liquid fusion for durability.

Today's barfly. Used rusty dubbing with olive shellback. Size 10 2x nymph hook. 12 fibers pheasant tail 20lb mono eyes grizzly bugger hackle 2 matched mallard flank with Brown thread. Extremely easy to make

post-61305-0-04936900-1506548090_thumb.jpg

Today's offerings. Hybrid red fish sliders and an attempt at a top water shrimp pattern I saw on line

Nice work, What material do you use for the slider heads?