Fly Tying
zip

Need to blow off steam

My worst reaction to someone who didn't respect my "space" was when I chucked a large Zara Spook (yes, I was bass fishing from my boat) across the bow of a jet skier who kept running circles near me. He was doing about 40 when my line caught him across the arms and chest, and it almost cut into him as it drug over him. Fortunately for him, the lure whipped out and flipped off in front of him, because I'd have set the hook.

The burns across his arms and chest were bleeding as he yelled and screamed at me.

I told him, "If you're boating within casting distance of me, and making a commotion, I'm casting for you !"

Funny ... after his rant, he sped off and I never saw him again.

Dang!

My worst reaction to someone who didn't respect my "space" was when I chucked a large Zara Spook (yes, I was bass fishing from my boat) across the bow of a jet skier who kept running circles near me. He was doing about 40 when my line caught him across the arms and chest, and it almost cut into him as it drug over him. Fortunately for him, the lure whipped out and flipped off in front of him, because I'd have set the hook.

The burns across his arms and chest were bleeding as he yelled and screamed at me.

I told him, "If you're boating within casting distance of me, and making a commotion, I'm casting for you !"

Funny ... after his rant, he sped off and I never saw him again.

Mike,you have made my night!

if anyone ever asked my wife "what would your husband like to do?"

she will answer "live 50 miles from the nearest person, in the woods with furry critters and fish"

if they ask her "why?"

she will answer "because he thinks animals and plants are more courteous than people"

My wife hates the fact that I want to buy a place in the middle of BFE.God forbid we be too far from that fancy coffee place (the one that charges 5 bucks for a plain black coffee) lol.

WOW I thought I was the only hermit around, I like dogs better than most people. Many young people today think everything is about them. After retiring from the navy and entering the civilian workforce I had been counseled about my social intercourse i.e. looking people squarely in the eye when I talk and how the younger workforce feels threatened by my forward demeanor (I wasn't in their face or event talking loud)

Thank god the manners I experience from fishermen on most streams are still in tact. Zip I might have upended someone going thru my tackle or at least expressed my indifference at a close personal level. I don't have much to say about political or personal views and try to refrain from them. I try to respect opinions and am usually polite enough to walk away from most and remind myself why I fish alone or with a dog.

Definitely Not the only one here who is not a people person!

Been through this at a popular state park in Missouri. Floaters and rafters. The raft company loads and unloads at a beautiful stretch of water. Most of the rafters have had their fair share of alcohol, so falling in the river and sloshing around trying to get back on the raft does not make for a good time fishing. And I work optical. Have a mom with 4 little kids in tow come to your office and each kid, 6 and under have tried on all the frames they could reach with their dirty hands, leaving finger prints on everything and putting everything in the wrong place. Mom said absolutely nothing except it kept the little ones from being bored. Yeah, right.

LOL ... you guys talking about living in the middle of nowhere, not another person for miles.

Wife and I would love that ... but it's gotta have a Walmart nearby !!!

Chell,it's the south man.Theres always a Wal-Mart within spitting distance

There may be something about people drawn to outdoors solitary or near solitary pursuits. We look for peace and quiet. Rarely if ever carry boom boxes around. Avoid malls, concerts, and theme parks. Head away from town instead of into town for relaxation. Sit near the door at compulsory meetings. Go out our of our way to avoid getting drawn into large scale 'events' etc...

I really hated being mobbed up in Sam's Army, herded and fed like cattle, and just a part in the machine.

Others thrive on such things. And there are more of them every day. In part I believe -- as pointed out earlier -- because of the compulsory rounds of activities kids are forced into to fill their idle time and free their parents.. Remember chores?

Rocco

Like several others here BCT;I keep a relatively small group of people around and yes,they are the "right" or "my" kind of people lol!

Rocco-i'm love chores so much that I still wash dishes by hand!

It's not "them" and "us". It's people and us. "Us" includes anyone we like ... and that list grows and shrinks as people show their true selves and are no longer one of us.

Particularly for me ... children are permanently on the list of "people". Unfortunately, some of "us" have children. Fortunately, I am not required to spend large amounts of time with the little people.

Just a couple more months and I won't be "children" anymore!!! :D hahaha maybe then you won't hate me Mike ;)

Spring River Arkansas, we came early went behind the hatchery fished till bout 9:00 came out to this! Canoe destination for sure. No problem for the float trip if you come real early. Once, some caught up to us and idiot would slap his paddle on the water in disgust of our fishing...I know a retired pipe fitter/iron worker woulda loved to get ahold of that guy.....do some "cross threading"!!!

IMG_2514.png

There's 20 canoes in that stack, school buses were unloading.

You're safe Fisherboy !!! 1) You seem to show respect and concern for others. 2) I hate children ... not adolescents. Adolescents get the same chance as adults, to prove whether they're "us" or "people". You're one of us, my friend.

That scene, flytire, is one of the situations where I understand the "Stephen Paddocks" of this world.

As Chris Rock would say, "I mean, I'd never do it ... but I understaaaand !!!"

My Wife and I have a saying. Either of us can go first with, "We hate people." The other then responds with, "Yes, we do."

Too funny Mike, I would fit right in with you and Jenni because you can ask my family I have two motto's I say on almost a daily bases. And they are....

"Have I ever mentioned how much I hate people"

or

"Remind me again why I ever even bother leaving the house"

Now it's back downstairs to Stevetopia...population- 1