Fly Tying
Dubs

Soft Hackled Nymph Swap

A dozen #16 jig hook, soft hackle bead head hares ear nymphs have flown the coup.

Try saying that 10 times fast.

So Woodenlegs and fishingbobs flies were the first to arrive, thanks and were off to a great start!

Mine hit the mail today. Since I had just gotten some of the "477" replacement yarn from another member I stuck some red wire on another bobbin and tied up a dozen Sawyer Killer Bugs in size 16. Probably wouldn't be a bad thing to trail out behind the bigger pheasant tail for a swinging double.

I saw that yarn but it was out of stock when I was ordering some other stuff. I've never used the original, how do you like the imposter?

I have some of the original on a small card...maybe a yard or so sent me by a generous old friend. The only way I'd tie with it is I get to go to the England stretch of river it was developed on.

I have about 5 or 6 different substitutes and the one I used seemed to be the closest in both wet and dry versions a guy did on another board. I tied these as per his instructions of only one wrap of yarn over the red wire base. Red wire butt, red wire head, yarn wrapped over wire in between. I have several I've tied but over wrapped yarn to give some bulk. He actually fishes them regularly unlike me and says the thin wrap is better. I tied them on either a 16 barbless hook (most of mine are today) and hope someone really gives them a try. I do know a guy who threw it on a pond just for fun and found out bluegills liked, but if looks slimy and fits in their mouth they eat it.

vicrider and Mainard I did get yours

everything looking great!