Fly Tying
Kimo

February Flies from the Vise

Still playing in a hotel room.

Size 8 plain hook

white fur (might be arctic fox ... got it in a grab bag)

Green sparkle tinsel

UV resin

green/black hackle

Richmond Flies 2018 015.jpg

You've got me thinking when I saw those annelids(or maybe just the one)... hmmm... and the caddis smile.png. Some really nice elk wing work! And is that last one a 'peeping' caddis... with a hackle at it's end?? Nice ties!

BCT

Thanks BCT :)

The last one I call the beaver tail midge lol

I'm with BCT on this, Retro. Those are some great looking flies. Those tails are very cool. IS that the material, or something you're doing to the material?

I woke up at 3:00am ... with a headache and stuffed sinuses. Took some Ibruprofen, but was wide awake.

So, I tied another baby fish.

Richmond Flies 2018 016 2.jpg

Went back to sleep ... but I still feel like crap. I hope I'm not catching something. I won't be going anywhere today, just in case.

I'm with BCT on this, Retro. Those are some great looking flies. Those tails are very cool. IS that the material, or something you're doing to the material?

Its a method learnt from a good friend who uses heated surgical pliers to get said effect ..... the material is soft flexible tubing

Thanks Mike

You're putting a neat 'crimp' or texture on that extended plastic 'part/s'. Saw that on that beaver tail midge to in your previous post. Nice ties!

BCT

Thanks BCT :) the material in question is a soft tubing used for tube fly hook connections.....the indentation is made by heating up haemostats then clamping them on to the medium....hope that helps

I learnt this trick from a good friend whom I consider to be one of the best when it comes to producing unique looking flies :)