Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

Fun with squirmy wormies

I could have posted these in the squirmy wormy thread or I could have posted them in the "Flies from the Vise" thread but because I know how much Mike likes us to open new threads for no apparent reason I decided to start a whole new thread.

So lets see what you guys (and Gals) are tying with your squirmy wormies.

I'd especially like to see what you catch with them.

I'll start.

DSCF4827-XL.jpg

Green wormy

DSCF4833-XL.jpg

Bead Head Red

DSCF4837-XL.jpg

Long Tail Little Boy Blue

DSCF4840-XL.jpg

Bare Butt Cased Caddis

DSCF4782-XL.jpg

Purple Nurple

DSCF4789-XL.jpg

Uncle Milty (red egg cluster w/milt)

DSCF4785-XL.jpg

Orange Uncle Milty

I have only gotten a chance to fish the Bare Butt Caddis so far and this is what I caught with it. This is a re-post from another thread. (sorry Mike, he hates that, when you re-post stuff).

bug%204-XL.jpg

I actually caught about 15 fish that day, but I only took a picture of the first one with the fly in it's mouth. I was pretty pleased it worked. We had three other offerings in the water at the time so for a trout to pick this fly over the other three, which included two baited rigs within ten feet away, is pretty cool.

I'd love to see your fish with wormies in their mouths. I bet we see a lot of bass and sunfish, probably some walleye too.

There's a word for guys like you, Mark. dry.png Steve won't let me use it, though. wink.png

Just to show there's no feelings ... I mean, no hard feelings ...

This IS reposted from the monthly flies page ...

squirmy frog.jpg
Squirmy worm legs on those frogs ... does that count?

There's a word for guys like you, Mark. dry.png Steve won't let me use it, though. wink.png

Just to show there's no feelings ... I mean, no hard feelings ...

This IS reposted from the monthly flies page ...

Squirmy worm legs on those frogs ... does that count?

I like those frogs.

Thank you !!! biggrin.png

Did that hurt? tongue.png

I don't mind saying I like things when I like them, It's just that I don't see very many things that I like from you.tongue.png Now take Steve for instance, or Norm, or Chug, or Scott, or Rick or vicente or vic or............Bryon or Al or Tom, Dick and Harry, I like a lot of things they do.

And Kimo, Darrell, Poopdeck and Mr Cream, Dfoster, Meeshka, Bruce D.

Just kidding, you're good too, I especially like your fishing videos.

Mark, once being a hipster from the 70’s I must say I really dig those worms...

Good thread, when I get some squirmies I will play.

No shopping here in BF Egypt, WY ( but then the fishing spots are never crowded) so I must wait for a road trip...

Carry On

Mark, once being a hipster from the 70’s I must say I really dig those worms...

Good thread, when I get some squirmies I will play.

No shopping here in BF Egypt, WY ( but then the fishing spots are never crowded) so I must wait for a road trip...

Carry On

PM me your address over there in BF and I will mail you some wormies. One ball has way more than I will ever use and I got six balls.

FRN, thought I had your snail mail but guess not. PM me and I also will throw a few different colors in the mix. Like Mark, I got some mixed color shakeys on ebay and I won't be tying more than a thousand squirmies so I have lots of extras. This goes for anyone who liked to try a few but don't want to go out and buy a gross before seeing if you like them or not.

Nick

FRN, thought I had your snail mail but guess not. PM me and I also will throw a few different colors in the mix. Like Mark, I got some mixed color shakeys on ebay and I won't be tying more than a thousand squirmies so I have lots of extras. This goes for anyone who liked to try a few but don't want to go out and buy a gross before seeing if you like them or not.

Nick

What colors you got, I got Fl. Green, yellow, red, orange, blue, and purple.

Great job Mark! I have been laid up with the flu and pneumonia so i have not been back to buy my supply yet.

Thanks Pete

Not normally really a fan of the squirmy worm flies but those eggs look pretty killer I might have to tie some of those up.