Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
samsonboi

Fly Box Swap- It's Corona Time!

Got mine today from Mad Duck.  Very nice bass and panfish flies!  Spun deer hair is difficult.  Good work!

Anything CAN be better, besides a Hardy Perfect, a St. George, or Pflueger Medalist click-pawl, round line guard, birdcage spool reel. Or even the 1492 after the change in lineguard, although I prefer a round guard on vintage reels. Still a bombproof reel, though. Those reels are, well, perfection.

Box of flies I hope worthy of fishing it on it's way today and like promised a big pile of flies you can salvage hooks on or use as you see fit. I have so many flies tied I'm trying to thin out that I just had to look at the flies and say, do I see a situation where I would tie this on? If the answer is no it's on it's way to you. ( Note that the first it's a contraction and the second it's is possessive ) I love our language. If things get really tight for us I may have to go on the computer and resume my resume. 

I think possessive its is with no apostrophe?

Thanks for the "seconds" flies for hooks and I'm sure your flies are great. Still haven't gotten around to ordering more hooks. 

Maybe export an expert? Or is that cheating?

Dang man, I think you have me there. Did some research and I guess the second "it's" does not need the apostrophe. It is (it's) on its way. English was my strong suit in school but our language can bite the best at times.

On 5/4/2020 at 7:23 AM, samsonboi said:

Alright Mark, let me know when you get your flies sent out so I know when to expect them. 

I'm going to try and finish them up today and put them in the mail tomorrow.

Gotta get in on this for just a second ...

(Its: possessive) - "Give the cat its food."

(It's: contraction of 'it is') - "It's the food for the cat ... don't eat it."

The flies are done, and will be in the mail in the morning. I didn't get a chance to practice these flies, as much as I like to, because I found myself behind the 8 ball, and had to get them done so they could get in the mail on time.

Here they are.

DSCF5310-X3.jpg

Elk Hair Caddis

DSCF5313-X3.jpg

Stimulator

DSCF5304-X3.jpg

Adams

DSCF5314-X4.jpg

DSCF5315-X4.jpg

Hope I followed the instructions correctly.

There's a very lucky swapper somewhere out there. Very nice work all 'round, Mark