Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dogfacedoc

I've created a monster

Took my better half out once, got a funny picture of her frowning while she put on the waders. I knew it was not in the cards when she caught a nice fish, and I was coaching her on bringing it in. After a pretty strong run, the trout turned. I said, "reel it in now, it's coming back at you." She thought that meant it was mad at her and was coming to bite her, and she ran out of the river. 

Decided to stimulate the economy, went and picked up a vise for her, and got a bunch of materials at bass pro. Talked her through this foam spider, went to the neighborhood pond and she caught her first fish on it! She never liked fishing flies I tied because she didnt want to lose them, but now she says she "gets it" why I was always trying to get her to throw my flies.

20200407_165941.jpg

I think this is one of the coolest stories I have ever seen on this site!  I hope you and the Misses bond a million ways because of this new hobby for her.  I totally mean that.  God bless you both. Only down side I can think of is the day YOU go to tie a batch of size 16 Elk hair Caddis's and all your #16 dry fly hooks you planed to use are gone.  She walks up and shows you this awesome set of size 16 Adams she just tied.   LOL.. Brother,,,,,,, the only words out of your mouth BETTER BE,,,,,, "I'm super proud of you honey.  They look great",  give her a peck on the cheek then just walk away.  BITE YOUR TONGUE AND JUST WALK AWAY!

I think this is a blessing for both of you to share.  SO DON'T BLOW IT!    LOL  

8 hours ago, Flat Rock native said:

Born to tye and fly em...

Good move on a new vise too🎣🎣👍👍

Did the same thing for my wife. Got her a new
Renzetti Special Edition Master Vise with the Kung Fu grip.

Kimo

On 4/8/2020 at 5:09 PM, Kimo said:

Did the same thing for my wife. Got her a new
Renzetti Special Edition Master Vise with the Kung Fu grip.

Kimo

My gosh evryone lost their sense of humor?

Even my wife thought it was funny.

Kimo

Kimo, you did get a chuckle from me.  Must be the demographics.  Only a thin slice of this population were directly exposed to the Kung Fu grip GI Joe.  And a total other bunch have quite a different definition for the term.  Heard even Stretch Armstrong made a comeback.  

It was, at best, a dad joke, 😒 Kimo.     I didn't think it needed a response !!! 😉

2 hours ago, WJG said:

Kimo, you did get a chuckle from me.  Must be the demographics.  Only a thin slice of this population were directly exposed to the Kung Fu grip GI Joe.  And a total other bunch have quite a different definition for the term.  Heard even Stretch Armstrong made a comeback.  

Back when the GI Joe with Fung Fu grip came out I jokingly told my daughter she was getting one from me for Christmas.  When I opened my gift from her on Christmas Day I found a Mr. T doll complete with weapons and tools. . . joke turns around!

She seems to have a gift.  Good advice above.  Don't become upset when she has to show you how to perform a technique at the vice.