Fly Tying
breambuster

Final Round Of The Well-Stocked Fly Box Series. DLHWOI

I am tying some Sierra Bright Dot flies.  This is a nice attractor fly that is not seen much outside of the Eastern Sierra, but will work anywhere.

55 minutes ago, vicrider said:

I'm beginning to think Woodenlegs has a huge pile of flies stocked up in groups of a dozen somewhere in his cave. You name the swap, he grabs that group and there he is, first again. I could do that except I never tie in groups that big unless it's for a swap. Otherwise I just like to play with hooks, feathers and thread to see what pops out of the vise.

Vicrider, If I was one of those people who replies to everything with memes, my reply to your post with regards to this swap only, it would be a picture of a guy whistling guiltily while trying to look innocent. 

BB

Fishingbobnelson, I’m looking forward to seeing it. Will be fun to see how the local bluegills (bream) take to it.

BB

Sheepishly he looks down at the two boxes of a dozen each of soft hackles and CDC nymphs on his desk waiting for the right swap.

Sorry that’s not the case, I just like tying flies and being retired I just set down and tie flies. 
Just this week tied 25 for a donation. 

Woodenlegs, I'm retired too and like to tie but for me I find it hard to concentrate on one fly over and over. My mind wanders and I end up tying something different right in the middle of a run. I do know that each of the flies gets progressively easier, faster and better looking as I go along. That is why I usually end up tying 15 or 16 to get a dozen I'm willing to put my name on, and they're not all that great but at least I'm not ashamed of them. I read somewhere a top tier said to tie a hundred flies of one type before you considered yourself proficient in that pattern but I just don't have that kind of patience. I do have a couple dozen set aside like I said and I also have contributed hundreds of flies to various organizations. Since I rarely get to actually fish them myself I have to have some outlets to keep from overflowing the cave. Sometime this year I'll be knocking on your door to have a coffee and show me your tying cave and give me some tips on the White.

Guys, just so you know, my wife and I are celebrating an anniversary this week and our mail is being held at the Post Office, and so I can’t report on packages received for a few days. A package from NC was held today, another package, which I suspect is Vicrider’s is due tomorrow. I will be checking emails so if anyone needs an addy, just post it and I should get an email. 

Take care

BB

Ok, Guys, we are home and had a nice trip. Thanks for all the well-wishes. There was 1 set of flies being held at the Post Office and they from Vicrider. And a very, very nice set. Each swapper will be getting 3 flies from Vicrider. Thanks, Vic.

BB

I’m pressed for time so I am sending in some Tiger midges. They just hit the mail today. Thanks again for hosting! 

Pickin’