Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Fishing gonna pick up. OT

My son in law’s cousin usually shrimps outa Venice, La.   But couple of weeks ago cAught 16000# oughta Lake Borgne.  Oughta pick the sea trout, redfish fishing up in our spots.   And now that the hurricanes have passed.   DD pinched the heads and froze couple of coolers Waylon gifted them. 

8EC25F1A-F309-450F-90CC-DD79B0CEEF14.png

FC14801B-F1FE-46FF-8452-D2C67FD1F9A0.png

B48046AA-AD09-40ED-B1B0-87338184A042.png

8177E4AC-53B9-4B96-A594-A21188E126E6.png

1 hour ago, Steeldrifter said:

Gimme a 55g drum of ranch and I'll be all set :)

(and yes I said ranch lol. I hate cocktail sauce, I dip my shrimp in ranch)

Y'all crazy yankees put Ranch on a shrimp? Man,I gotta have some grits and hot sauce with the shrimp in them! 😎

Cocktail sauce (catchup+horseradish) on the swimps youse guys!  Tartar sauce on the butterfly fried; cocktail stuff on the boiled.

Butter is for Langostas...Mikey knows dat...Stone crab claws too.  There’s a way to break one claw off and release crab and the claw grows back w/o killing da crab.   Makes ya wanta move to south Fla....

472F665B-065E-4F45-B370-1E57AA3F634D.jpeg

ADCCDD6F-E06D-4FA9-8DF0-69FDBF33BCB9.png

2DA68935-622F-4F3A-A43D-87DBAC89905B.png

Y' all makin me miss Gulfport! shrimp, oysters, off the boats and on the beach. The days before all the gambling boats.

3 hours ago, The Mad Duck said:

Y'all crazy yankees put Ranch on a shrimp? Man,I gotta have some grits and hot sauce with the shrimp in them! 😎

Hell yeah, it's fantastic on shrimp. Ranch makes everything better. I use it on shrimp, french fries, pizza, bread sticks, if ranch doesn't work with it then it ain't worth eatin! 😁

6 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

Hell yeah, it's fantastic on shrimp. Ranch makes everything better. I use it on shrimp, french fries, pizza, bread sticks, if ranch doesn't work with it then it ain't worth eatin! 😁

Ugh...I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit 😳😜.

I'm down with Ranch on everything you mentioned except Shrimp

24 minutes ago, samsonboi said:

Man! Ranch is the worst! (well Thousand Island and mayo are worse, but Ranch is pretty bad.)

Can't stand ranch! Bleu cheese for me! As for shrimp...peel and eat.

Sounds funny good homemade ranch has buttermilk and/or sour cream.... You stankin cheese lovers oughta go for it.   Now on seafood🥴????

On 9/10/2020 at 8:31 AM, samsonboi said:

Man! Ranch is the worst! (well Thousand Island and mayo are worse, but Ranch is pretty bad.)

That kind'a talk will get ya banned!

😆

Bourbon, brown sugar, soy with a touch of maple glaze sauce over smoked salmon last night, salad had homemade thousand island because I was out of ranch, tonight its Lou Malnati's pizza and some more oatmeal stout, time to break out the fat boy pants.

:)