Jump to content
Fly Tying
Pujic

Hatches Magazine

Recommended Posts

Good morning everyone, or to those who will be reading this tonight, good evening,

 

Over the past year or so we have been playing around with the idea of creating an "on-line" fly fishing magazine as a supplimentary feature of the forum. For months we tried to figure out what such a magazine would look like. If you do a search in Google for online magazines, you will notice that 95% of them look just like a website. The other 5% are in a newsletter format. Neither "feels" like a magazine which you would purchase off the shelf.

 

It took us a good long while to try and figure out just how to mirror the true look and feel of a magazine only in electronic format. Finally after nearly a year of discussions and countless ineffective prototypes, we think we've got it figured out!

 

On April 30th, 2005 Hatches Magazine, an FTF publication will finally debut! Everyone, including all FTF members, will be able to access the magazine completely free of charge at http://www.hatchesmagazine.com You can check out a preview of the premier issue at the above URL now, however please keep in mind that we are currently in the process of finishing the website, so more content will be added by the time the magazine launches.

 

Hatches is the closest thing to an actual magazine that you can find online, and when you see the custom viewing program Will has created for it, you'll know exactly what I mean. You will be able to scan through the mag page by page, while browsing through feature articles, regular columns and departments. Just like any other quality fly fishing publication!

 

This new venture was only possible due to the unrelenting assistance from FTF members and moderators who selflessly agreed to take on this monumental task. We have gathered an incredible team of motivated and talented people who are dedicated to making this ground breaking project work. I hope that this is evident to all once Hatches is made available.

 

Nick

 

Here is a cover preview of the premier issue!

 

user posted image

user posted image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. We plan to have a new issue available each quarter or season, staring with a Spring issue.

 

Nick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Looks very interesting.The cover photo sure makes you want to open it up read more.Great job.

 

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
headbang.gif I don't know how you guys find the time for these projects but we sure do love them! Keep up the great work and I can't wait to check out the first issue. Thanks again guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great! I can't wait to see the first issue. This place just keps getting better all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GREAT COVER, makes me want to head out for some SEA RUN BROWN----->

BY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN cheers.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you all looking for any submissions? I have never written anything for publication, but must write several articles for newsletters every month for work.

 

I would like to try my hand at outdoor's writing sometime. (like I have any spare time)

 

From the sneak preview yo have given us, and the vision you have shared, it's easy to see this will be a quality on-line magazine. From the look of the cover, it will set the bar for on-line mags.

 

Has anyone ever though of it as a paid supplement to FTF? It may bring in some needed revenue.

 

Conehead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Conehead,

 

You bet we're interested. We are already in the design process for this issue, however all future issue are wide open as it stands.

 

Check out the magazine's website, www.hatchesmagazine.com Once there, you'll see a "contact us" link near the top. Click on it. You'll see a paragraph explaining how to make your submission, whether it's written or photograhpic. wink.gif

 

As far as charging a fee goes, you know, we really gave that a lot of thought, and ultimately decided against it. FTF is the place to be and if we can keep it that way, without an sort of fees, then we are willing to try. We are however driving some revenues through ad sales which are minimual; just enough to cover hard costs.

 

Cheers,

 

Nick

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...