Fly Tying

Hatches Magazine Premiere Issue

I just downloaded the magazine, and it looks great.

One suggestion though - I would suggest you just provide a single PDF file for people to download, rather than multiple PDF files with a separate reader application or Acrobat front-end.

Four reasons, first is that some people may be leery of installing a new application on their PC. Second is that you avoid all these installation problems. Third is that the download would only be ~11Mb rather than 16Mb. Fourth is that most people are already familiar with the Adobe interface.

Just my suggestions - I think this is a great idea and wish you the best of luck!

There is more content in the single issue than a year's worth of other fly fishing magazines when you remove all the ads.

-- Tom

Folks

I would love to read the mag ( sounds like it is a good one) however due to it being supplied in a windows only format I think I will avoid it. Not only does this make it bloody hard to read (unless you line Bill Gates' pockets) but it bloats the file size considerably making life hard for readers who have dialup.

As a software developer (and a non windows user) it really gets up my nose that publications like this in a nicely platform independant format (like pdf) are bound to a platform specific reader (like acrosplat).

let me know when it is supplied in a format that everyone can read and I might have a look

Otherwise, close but not close enough.

Cheers

Blake

Hey Blake,

Stay tuned, the PDF version which is compatible on all platforms will be avialble later today. wink.gif

Nick

Nick, thanks, a pdf version will be great for us Mac holdouts. Looking forward to it!

Michael

excellent. Nick you are a champ.

Cheers

Blake

sorry for the above rant. I have had a sedative now

yahoo.gif

I have knocked together a single pdf from what was in the package and am willing to post it on the web if Nick and Will approve.

Cheers

Blake

A job very well done!

My congratulations to you all.

-jared

Most excellent! Thanks for all the hard work, you did a fantastic job!

Michael

Will, Nick, Steve and the rest of the staff,

I just finished reading the premier issue of Hatches, and I need to speak a few words.

Nick, on your editorial, last paragraph, I quote: "There is no doubt in my mind that the large, yet tight knit group of fly fishers, stemming from every corner of the Globe, will only grow stronger on FTF. On behalf of the entire FTF team, I would like to thank all members for not only helping us, but others as we look forward to that next day we get to spend on the water."

Well, on my behalf, being part of that Global fly fishing community, I just want to tell you: No, Nick, don't thank us, thank you guys for this wonderful and unselfish effort, for your will to share your knowledge, your support, and best of all, your friendship, because as you say in that last sentence, I too strongly believe that we will meet one day on the water, if not in this life, maybe in the next. wink.gif Thank you guys, well done! smile.gif yahoo.gif

Excellent job folks, you all deserve a pat on the back!!!!

Great job guys thumbsup.gif Very professional looking magazine. I like the fact I know all the authors wink.gif

Ken cool.gif