Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Ya know Mike I don't ever remember seein another angler close by in your videos, you are lucky to have that water to yourself. Great stuff and don't stop posting.

Ya know Mike I don't ever remember seein another angler close by in your videos, you are lucky to have that water to yourself. Great stuff and don't stop posting.

I do remember one where he almost got ran over by an airboat ohmy.png

I do remember one where he almost got ran over by an airboat ohmy.png

The River is a big one, with a lot of access points. You're correct in that I rarely have other anglers "on top" of me, but it does happen. Most of the time, I don't catch fish when they're near, so they don't show up in the videos. My usual time on the water, now-a-days, is about 4 to 6 hours.

You're only seeing the few minutes of that time when I have a fish on.

Thank you for the encouragement!

As Steve says ... if I WAS to show those times when there are other boaters near ... it'll likely be because they demonstrated their inconsiderate personalities.

And yes, Steve ... "Shortclaw" IS my favorite fly rod !!!

On another note, I was on the water again this morning. I caught my personal best LMB (28 pounds), My personal best Crappie (14 pounds) and my personal best Bluegill (13 pounds). I think they might have been world records. All of them hit a bare red hook.

Unfortunately, after clearing Saturday's videos off the GoPro SD card, I forgot to put in back in the camera, so no video.

You'll just have to take my word for it !!!

laugh.png

No 'Squatches" in Florida. But I did see a family of "Swamp Apes". Again, no video, since the card was at home!

I was there yesterday, only fooled a couple brookies, the river can be frustrating seeing all those fish not buying what your trying to sell.

The Swift is probably the best brook trout fishery in Mass. I'm working in Springfield tomorrow and with a little luck I'll be able to hit the Swift on the way home.

The Swift wasn't meant to be - As I was heading out of work on Friday traffic came to a stop due to a serious accident. It took me 2 1/2 hours to cover what should have been a 40 minute drive just to get home. It was disappointing to have all my gear loaded up with the areas best Trout water such a short distance away but there are also worse things. I read that EMS called for two med flights and sadly one person died.