Fly Tying
PJ2

Monthly swap revisited.

Hi Guys. I started this thread due to prompting from a wiser person than myself.

I have taken upon myself to be the new SM of the monthly fly swap.Vicrider stepped down and after thinking hard I requested to take the swap over.

So with that being said, I am asking first any of the original members if they want in. They get first dibs. I will wait until Sunday of this weekend for confirmation. After that, I will post on this thread the availability of spots left. I'm hoping for 10-12 people that will commit to the task. BUT I will go with as few as 6-8 if need be.

Let's not let a tradition pass!

thanks.

PJ2

1. PJ2 SM

2.stabgnid

3.Add147

4.Idaho RC

5. DrVette

Oh what the hell...I hate seeing all of BB's and vicrider's dedication go to waste!!!!! I'm in!

You might want to refresh everyone's memory what is supposed to be tied for each month...Just my two cents worth.

Thanks PJ2 to taking over...

Ok . Still havent heard from the original members... one day left till i open it to the general....

Ok im going to open this up to the rest of the members . There are nine spots to fill. if you want to join this swap respond with " I'm In" and youre on the list. It doesnt matter if you are a novice or seasoned, all are welcome.

It this for trout flies? If it is I am in. I hope so that's all I fish for. Am I committing to this month or every month? I would like to do it every month but I might need to skip a month or so. The fishing camping season is nearly here.

Idaho:

Yes this is for trout Each month a fly will be chosen to tie. The flies are due at the end of each month. It is a commitment to tie for each month, with that being said, life happens and sometimes things become difficult. All we ask is that you try to be committed to the task.

So what is it gonna be Boise?

I am in. Absolutely in! Is the year planned out for what flies are going to be done each month? Or is it decided monthly? Let me know what this month is I am looking forward to tying them. If it is planned out I would like to stay way ahead of it. And tie some in advance. I think I will like the swaps. I have done a couple already. It made me tie flies that I wasn't very comfortable tying and they actually turned out pretty well. It forced me to learn more. I liked the challenge a lot!

Thanks for having me.

PJ2 you may want to lay out the swap a few months at a time for Idaho. He has already sent his flies to me for a swap due 5/25. I have them in hand and they are great. He's a speedy and good tier. LOL

very cool. I will lay out the plan by Friday. Hey Trout are u In? We are still looking for guys to ty with us.

If you fail to fill this please PM me. I am only to be considered a beginner since fighting cancer the last 5 year years has messed me up. I NEED to get back into tying in a BAD way. I should have everything on hand to make the ties. All I ask is that you try to keep it simple at first.

Ok so here is what is due for the remainder of the year. I tried to make it fun and also a learning experience.

since this month is a bust I figured we start off with the month of June:

June: Red white and blue design as long it is fish-able.

July: emerger some thing that will lay in the film

August: Scuds

Sept: scary spiders, something that floats.

Oct: streamers nothing smaller than a 10

Nov: nothing larger than a size 18. wet or dry is fine.

Dec. Prince nymphs

I hope this encourages people to join, we still have spots left and time is running out.

Tight lines

Joe.

Still need a few more tyers.... we have only five so far that are willing to commit. I'm hoping we get at least 8 at this point. If we cant get to Eight then I'm thinking this swap will close. I will wait till the end of the month and see how it goes.

Give it some time there's a lot of swaps going right now...It most likely will get at least 8 hopefully...