Fly Tying
bassbuster

Toothy flys

I have been wanting to start a swap for bigger toothy critters. Anything that would catch pike, muskie, or large bass.

I saw that there was some over flow from the previous muskie swap so I figured now would be a good tome to set one up.

No real material rules or stipulations other than where I fish bigger is better. So any mosters would work. Lets see what we can get for a personel list.

SWAP CLOSED!! SWAP CLOSED !!

Due date: April 18th

Swapmeister- Bassbuster-

1. add147- RECIEVED

2. Petelangevin-

3. WVUontheFLY- RECIEVED

4. Raymond21- RECIEVED

5. Gramps50-

6. JasonV- RECIEVED

7. Hugolongstroker- RECIEVED

8. Crackleback- RECIEVED

SWAP CLOSED!!

I would like to join. I am putting a disclaimer that I just started tying flies so I understand if you would rather have someone with more experience. Just let me know!

Raymond21 I love when new tyers want to participate. I was nowhere near perfect when I started and I am still not perfect. by getting in on swaps I was able to learn how to make multiple flys that look alike.

Do you best and take your time and be proud of what you create is all I would like to see.

How true that is. I'd love to pull back some of the first flies I did for swaps and replace them. 'Course, in all honesty, that would only be replacing a poor fly done with great effort with an adequate fly also done the best I could accomplish. I'm never going to be a demo tyer but have definitely improved thru the many swaps I've participated in and run. I have even had some feedback on some of the flies I've sent out catching fish and that really makes a guy feel good.

In other words, go for it R21, and just do your best. It would definitely be helpful to find an easier tie on the tube where they do either a video or a step by step and go with that rather than just try to wing it with something you saw a picture of once.

I thought about your's but I just not sure I can get them all done and in. Kevin

We can set the due to mid April if that would be better. A couple weeks wont hurt my feelings any, and they would still be back before spring.

Sounds good I did a lot of looking and I am ordering my supplies today. I'm excited and watched a lot of videos on youtube. Thanks for the support guys this will be fun. Vicrider are you planning on joining us.

Sounds good to me. I just made my order for new materials I am planning on doing a streamer with blue as the primary color. On a gamakatsu 2/0 hook.