Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Little work on the site

If you see thing moved / changed on the site over the next day or two don't be alarmed, I am doing a little work on the site to make it a bit more streamlined and easier to use / find things. Few things will be making a forum for my rods to showcase those so my rod posts aren't flooding the "Fly Fishing" forum all the time. Going to be moving a couple sections such as "timely tips" to the fly tying section as a pinned topic since that forum hasn't really had posts in years. Probably move or delete the FTF announcements section since it's been 10 yrs since there was a new announcement.

Nothing major but just some things to get the site back into a clean user friendly state since I now have the ability to do that again. Feel free to share any suggestion as well if there is something you would like to see done or added to the site. (not the fly data base though, that is a different software issue that I have no part of with that ;) )

Steve,

Being ignorant of what it takes to make such change Ia m reluctant to make waves.

Applauding your cleanup start, I'd also propose the general idea of getting finer granularity within some of the sites. For example, the warm water segment might include subsets for panfish. bass, and pike/musky flies. I think that finer focus would tend to draw more interest and even active participation.

Thanks for taking on this long needed work, I don't know where you find the time.

Rocco

Less is more when it comes to categories. As Steve just said, multiple categories result in sections that have not been touched in years, but take space on the front page of the site.

If the software allows it, tags is a much better way to mark topics, together with limited general categories.

Steve, email me if I can help you with anything.

Thanks Javier. I actually need to get back in touch with you soon about the revamp for my MCFR site. Swamped with over 35 rod orders at the moment but once I get them all knocked out in the next 4-5 weeks we need to re-visit the site redo.

Steve-Going to be nice to see some improvement around!Spring cleaning time!

If you click on a members name there will be location right in the profile. It use to be under the name as well, but I think that one changed after the update a couple years ago. Still in profile though.

That's weird I didn't even realize you couldn't post in timely tips anymore. I just looked in the admin panel and don't see why it is that way or how to fix it. Got an apt this morning but I'll tryin look into that later tonight.