Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Whitner

Redfish Report, East Central FL, pics

Got on some decent fish today. This was the productive fly of the day. Fish were schooled up tight and tailing hard. Life is good...

4AFC268B-F614-4D86-9A2E-241122FB9E1E-898

3A57962A-A161-4E6C-A626-E16080B87215-898

B3CC0669-AB5A-44DC-B0B3-C61A21D593AF-898

FAFDA23B-20E2-45F0-AF71-F177250B15D9-898

BEEA548E-0550-4095-8D67-59771DEBFB54-898

29D8FDE2-8172-4FDC-84BF-0BE381E118D9-898

Great looking fly, and fish. I got over to ML on Sunday, and managed to get my first Red. Saw a few more, but only got one to take. Good day, no wind at least not much.

Beautiful reds.

Saturday ... hurry the F*$( up and get here so I can GO HOME to my wonderfully warm State of Florida !!!!

Guest rich mc

have a safe trip home after you get one last taste of Illinois snow tomorrow. rich mc

Beautiful fish, sounds like a great day. Are you in Mosquito or further south?

I've been fishing the Indian River. I'm tired of the lagoon. You see more fish there, but they get hit up so hard they tend to snuff a fly after a weekend of pressure. The fish are more spread out in the river, but when you find them they are usually bigger and more willing to eat. At least that's what I've observed over the last few years.

Where in the River are you fishing? I fish a lot around the Sebastian area and a bit further south. Some really good fishing in the IRL

Thank you, Rich. Thank you for your hospitality. This has been a very fun trip, mostly because of you. If you ever get down my way, when I am home, I shall return the favor !!!

Some great fish on a great day on the water. On the ML I caught a lot of trout on a fly very similar to your pattern. Mine was all craft fur. The body is a dubbing loop of craft fur with the short fur pulled out and bead chain eyes. Some shiney stuff might make mine better but they worked with just the craft fur. A Grande Estaz body might work real well too.

Thanks for sharing.