Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
KirkSouthTrout

Vote Now for Southern Hall of Fame Trout Anglers

The first ST "Legends of the Fly" Hall of Fame inductions will occur this February 3rd at the Fly Fishing Show in Atlanta, GA. Six well-known southern fly fishermen are grandfathered in the Hall of Fame, and voting to determine the six inductees is underway between now and the end of the year. Go to hhtp://www.southerntrout.com/hall-of-fame/ to learn more or vote.

There's a "Hall of Fame" for fly anglers? And one specifically for Southern fly anglers? Is there also an MVP award?

Sorry ... I can't vote, since I don't know any famous fly fishermen or women.

If fly fishing becomes a spectator sport, I just might have to give it up.

Gotta agree with Mike on this one. I consider fishing a pastime not a sport so I don't get into nor do I understand the hero worshipping in fishing. I'm sure the inductees will all be pillars of the pastime and I say let them all in.

I wear too many "Grand PooBah" hats already !!!

I don't want another one for my fly fishing skills.

posted a month ago and I just now saw this. sort of makes me want to puke. Just go fishing and have fun. Learn from those who know what they're about, and will teach.

"Southern" "Trout" "Hall of Fame" Good Lord. kind of like a participation trophy, no?

I suppose I'll get flamed and exiled. I just think this s**t is getting out of hand.

I suppose I'll get flamed and exiled. I just think this s**t is getting out of hand.

Why would you get flamed or exiled Joel. I think the lack of replies to this post from a month ago shows that most people here thought this whole "hall of fame" for fishing was a bit wack'o as well. Some people take things that are simply supposed to be enjoyable (fly fishing) and make it into something on some elitist grandiose scale. If that makes some people happy then more power to them. The rest of use know why we do this sport and what we get out of it. And it's not for awards or fame or anything even close to that level.

Plus seeing as how the OP of this post has been here 4 years and only has 9 posts pretty much tells me he might not be too familiar with us here on FTF and doesn't realize we don't care about some sort of hall of fame for the sport.

I'm a legend in my own mind so the fly fishing gear companies can start delivering their free, upper end only, goods for my endorsement any time.....

Rocco

Oh ... there are SOOOO many reasons to "flame" and "exile" Joel !!!

If we could just remember them long enough to report you ... BAM, that door would slam !!!

What were we talking about ???

Oh ... there are SOOOO many reasons

You don't know the half of it!! :D :D :D

I find it hilarious when people from Atlanta and Charlotte and Nashville talk about being from "The South"....

Go live a few years in Dothan Al or Marianna Fl and get back to me.

Such negativity. Tsk Tsk. And I'm accused of being negative at times but I prefer to think of it as "Devil's Advocate" thinking. I think is darn nice to give honors to people who have earned them through life's work while they are still alive to appreciate it. I could be wrong (often am) but I'm sure most of the people honored with this award are those who've devoted a good part of their lives making fishing and access better for all of us. If the awards were just to those who spent the most time fishing the river/lake/ocean while giving cold shoulder to those who suggested showing up to help on a river clean up day I'd question them too but I'm sure the people who will get these awards have spent a lot of time making things better for all of us. Leaders of the projects to protect and improve fishing conditions, help others get organized to do the same, and believe in doing all they can to help pass our love of the sport and ability to enjoy it in freedom on to our children. I for one appreciate that there are people like this out there and recognizing their hard work and achievement takes nothing away from your chances to enjoy our sport and may inspire more young people to work toward protecting it for the future.

I'm Nick and approve this message...

Not negativity Nick, just realistic. Sure there are people in every sport, hobby, activity that do things for said activity, but if we had a "Hall of fame" for everything we did in life then everything of true worth would then be somewhat null & void. Nothing wrong with recognizing worthy individuals for contributions, but no need for a Hall of fame for everything we do in life. At least that's how I view things.

Vic, that's a very nice take on it. I'm still completely uninterested in a hall of fame for southern trout fishing but you make a compelling point.