Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mtntroll

Greetings from Utah

Splitting time between Utah & "Wydaho." Fly fished w/ my dad & his friends as a kid in Vermont in the 60's & 70's. Developed a lifelong passion for the sport. Interested in walking, floating, travel & tying (noob in this department). Curious about this forum. 

mtntroll - Welcome to the site we are here to help. There are a lot of experienced and new tiers on the site if you have any questions ask, hope to see you post and add to the forum it only makes it better for everyone.

9 hours ago, cphubert said:

mtntroll - Welcome to the site we are here to help. There are a lot of experienced and new tiers on the site if you have any questions ask, hope to see you post and add to the forum it only makes it better for everyone.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to lurking & maybe even adding some questions & comments.

Welcome to the site. 

Hopefully, we can answer any questions you have.  Just like most online content, though, take everything you read here with a grain of salt.  If it can be taken as an insult or a joke ... always assume it was meant as a joke.

Spent about 40 years living and fishing in Utah, Idaho, & Wyoming.  Lots of good fly fishing for trout, bass, and bluegill.  I still go back at least once every year.  I can help you with where, and when, as well as what flies to uses and  fly tying.  These questions should be done in PMs.  

Welcome! You've done yourself a solid by joining this forum. Some very talented tyers on here, and some of the most generous and helpful people you could hope to meet. :)

I fished Utah once, years ago - Jones Hole Creek - as a brand-new fly fisher. Indelible memories. Would love to get back out there. 

I lived in UT for about 13 years way back when. Before Jordanelle. Fishing was great back then. Welcome aboard. Don't be shy about posting some of your ties (not neck)

Welcome to the site!  It's loaded with many fine tyers, fishers, rod builders and teachers.  If you are interested in swapping flies I have a nice swap that is open right now.  The Kermit Swap - frog patterns and if you are new to swaps and would like a nice "Fly Swaps 101" lesson I'd be happy to help you out.  I've been hosting swaps for 13+ years and tying flies for over 50 years.  My swaps are open to ALL level tyers and I do provide a fly tying gift or 2 to all swap participants.

Either way, have fun and i look forward to your posts!

Kim