Fly Tying
flytire

Gored by a bison

Yes, it seems unlikely that a bison could sneak up on two people. We will never know but my wife, an otherwise intelligent women, got to talking to her friend on the drive back to Philadelphia from Richmond Virginia, a drive she has done a hundred times,  and ended up at the base of the Washington monument. Neither could explain how that happened. 

What the heck is going on out West? 

Curious the lack of information leading up to these events which have taken place at (what I assume are) busy tourist spots for this time of year.    

13 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

Neither could explain how that happened.

Thats funny.  I once woke up in Tuscaloosa and had no memory of travelling there, night before I was in Tampa.  

About 20 years ago I had a close encounter with a Bison in Yellowstone. I was fishing a river and working my way upstream. I was focused on the the river and not paying much attention to what was behind me. After moving some distance I turned around and there was a Bison starring at me from maybe 40 feet away. So keep your head on a swivel while fishing in such places.

During the same trip, I walked in on a trail to look at some thermal feature. On the way back out, a Bison had decided to lay down right in the middle of the trail, necessitating a wide detour through the woods.

Too many people ... too little space left for the animals.  I could not care less if the bison (or any wildlife) take out a few people, smart or stupid.