Fly Tying
vicrider

My turn...From ER to a room for couple of nights

7 hours ago, vicrider said:

I'm on 2 LPM and have been since starting on Oxy. In the early episodes I was having I'd have to crank it way up to 6 and gasp and wheeze for sometimes a half hour. Of course I refused to go to ER at that time but always came out of it. Later I learned the extra O2 was not all that helpful since it was getting CO2 out and not 02 in that was the problem. I didn't have albureral at the time and that was what I really needed. Now I do a long term nebulizer treatment twice a day and a steroid nebulizer once a day and have had a real attack in years with those. This was more of a an overall condition and not a sudden onset like past attacks that just blew through. It's been a learning process and we're seeming to be back on track but I may need to go to some of the new discus inhalers like Trelegy to keep it in check. Thing is we have no drug coverage and some of those meds get downright expensive. Will have to look at getting on Plan D on Medicare at open enrollment. I'll have to to pay more for it since we never took it when getting on but it might still pay to get on now.

Thanks to all you guys for your encouragement and concerns. It does help

6lpm?? wow Nick, that is crazy. I know a bit about this because 2 yrs ago when my 79yr old Mom had the rona she was in the hospital for 2 weeks then when they sent her home they sent her with a consentrator. When she came home I was in charge of her o2 and she was on 4lpm to start. Then we weended her down and off. 6lpm is really high. I'm glad you are down to 2lpm now.

And again man, don't avoid the ER. I'm the same way, and I'm sure mainly guys here are too. We would rather take a bullet than willingly go to the ER. But if you get feeling bad, not worth avoiding it bud.

Glad you are feeling better tonight. Hope it keeps on that direction. And again bud, keep us updated. We all luv ya and this place would not be the same without us ol' timers 😉

It has been a nasty month for me. Two more trips to ER and another couple nights in hospital. Got shots in my belly for clots and blood thinner and scans and ultrasound and think I had a clot in my lungs. After a lot of various things going one I ended home again but it now looks like I'm hooked to the hose just about all the time. Can't keep my Blood Oxygen count up in the magic 90s your body needs for best function. That and fatigue is with me almost all the time if I do anything besides watching TV. I'm going to go back to trying to take short walks since they were really making me feel better before all this started and also helped keep swelling in lower legs down. Right now I'm sort of a hermit since about the time I leave the house is to go to doctor or ER and need to get out more. Did do a couple of family dinners last week and happy to see the great family of my wife's that live in town with us. 

It is is the number of relatives, two sisters and multiple offshoots from them that brought us to OK and when I came down here I fished at least a couple of times a week, rode motorcycles with several family and friends, and really enjoyed life here in retirement. Now I'm just kind of hanging on and it's better than the alternative. I have decided to sell or give away years of excess accumulation of fishing gear and hunting gear of all kinds since realistically I don't want to stick the wife and kids with this if one of my trips to ER doesn't involve a return home, and no I'm not a fatalist but am a realist.

7 hours ago, vicrider said:

I don't want to stick the wife and kids with this

Thank you. Wife and I already have our cremation and burial arrangements set and paid for.

My mother-in-law, on the other hand, refuses to discuss funeral arrangements.  She's not preparing, which means Wife is going to have to do all of that while mourning the loss.

You're preparing.  I truly hope it's not necessary.  You'll still be here, moaning and complaining, 10 years from now.