Fly Tying
jmcd22

Page Functionality

I'm not able to look at any pages within a thread other than the very first one.  Anyone else having that issue?  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, RickZieger said:

Right click on the page number and open in a new tab or window.

Rick 

Thanks Rick, that worked.

this is a problem that has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum

moderators cant fix it only the forum owner can 

Thank you Rick for posting this "workaround"!!  I have had the same problem since first finding this site - in fact, visited it much less than I might have because of this inability to navigate. Never encountered it with other sites so just came here less.  But this is at least a method that will improve the utility of the site for me, and so, again, Thanks!!

Why don't we just update the software or server that's causing this issue? I agree- this forum is almost unusable at this point. But I prefer it vs. FB Groups by a mile. Maybe we can all pitch in, start a go fund me. 

It’s been brought up a hundred times and I’m afraid if it’s not fixed by now it will never be fixed.  While not optimum, it really isn’t that difficult to navigate through the pages. Just hold down the page number and open in background. Again, it sucks but it’s more annoying (if you let it) then it is difficult to navigate through the pages. I’m thankful the site is still here, it’s free, there’s not blinking adds appearing everywhere and it is far and away the best fly tying site out there.  I’d rather deal with a minor inconsequential navigation issue than FB or most other sites. It would be really great to have it working like a Swiss watch but it’s not going to happen so might as well embrace the good and not focus on the bad. 

As on 12-22-23: for me, typing the page number into the drop down menu box did not work, along with just clicking on the next page.  The only work around I found was going back to the forum you are in and finding the thread.  Next to the thread you will see small boxes if there is more than one page to the thread…  1 2 3  to indicate how many pages there is in the thread.  Those tiny boxes are clickable, so you can use your back browser button to go back one step to the forum find the thread and click the box of the page you want.    I feel like this should be explained in a welcome to the forum email.

thank you for your concern

this anomaly regarding the page navigation function has been well documented ad nauseum as shown in the links above and will probably never be corrected any time soon.

some days it works but most days it doesnt

For whatever reason, the next page button and go to page button  and loadmore activity button seems to work today! First time ever worked for me.