Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
livetaytay

What are your year end plans?

11 hours ago, flytire said:

what are your plans?

My family and I are planning going around Southeast Asia, we haven't been travelling together for years mostly we have our own plans solo travel most of the time but now we decided to be together during this year end. Have you been to Southeast Asian Countries?

9 hours ago, livetaytay said:

Why? what about Christmas and celebrating new year, you don't have any plans?

at 71 years old, i'm all alone and dont plan on doing anything

too cold to cut the grass and i hope it doesnt snow. then i'd have to do something

I’ve lived within 15 minutes of where George Washington crossed the Delaware river most of my life and I have never seen the reenactment on Christmas morning.  My kids are older and live out of state, and since we celebrated Christmas this past weekend, I plan on going to watch the crossing on Christmas morning. I’m looking forward to it. We went last year but they didn’t cross because of high water and ice. Other than that I’m finishing out the old year and ushering the new year while hanging out in SE PA and contemplating whether or not to work another year. I’m leaning to the side of one more year for no other reason than I’ve always worked and it’s currently winter. 

Well, first of all over the last few years we have agreed to do our Christmas shopping only at the Dollar Store with a $20 limit instead of spending money on "stuff". During the year if there is something either one of needs or wants we just go and get it.

As a result, we have been donating to local charities with the money that we would have spent on Christmas. There are plenty of folks in the area who need it more than we do.

Finally...A long time friend is suffering with Alzheimer's disease, and we will be visiting him and his wife for a couple of days. As Linda put it, I have the feeling this won't happen next year. I hope she is wrong, but something inside me says she is right.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!

Having son, DIL, and grandson over for a meal and presents.  Son only gets a lunch break in his 24 hour shift, so things will have to move along. I will grill a tenderloin, make stuffed baked potatoes, float the last of this year’s raspberries in raspberry jello, and a rum cake (which he can only eat off-shift). Looking forward to spending time with DIL and grandson.  It is so special seeing things through the eyes of the little one. Sometime I have to finish the bass popper that has been in my vise for over a month and then tie several Murdich Wigglers and several Tequeelys. That will fill my bass box out. I do need to get a musky fly from my brain on to the vise. 

I'm planning on doing yard work and cleaning my den and my workshop.  Of course, I might end up just sitting in my recliner, playing games online and sleeping.  Got the week 'tween Christmas and New Years off, so rest and relaxation is on the menu.

23 hours ago, flytire said:

at 71 years old, i'm all alone and dont plan on doing anything

too cold to cut the grass and i hope it doesnt snow. then i'd have to do something

I hope it won't get snow so I can do something before the year ends. 

Christmas eve I will spend with Mom watching Christmas movies. Then Christmas day will be with Mom, BIL & Nephew having dinner and opening gifts. Then Dec 26th its back to work on rods again. Got a little break from now till 26th so that is nice to have a bit of free time right now.

On 12/19/2023 at 9:00 PM, Poopdeck said:

I’ve lived within 15 minutes of where George Washington crossed the Delaware river most of my life and I have never seen the reenactment on Christmas morning.  My kids are older and live out of state, and since we celebrated Christmas this past weekend, I plan on going to watch the crossing on Christmas morning. I’m looking forward to it. We went last year but they didn’t cross because of high water and ice. Other than that I’m finishing out the old year and ushering the new year while hanging out in SE PA and contemplating whether or not to work another year. I’m leaning to the side of one more year for no other reason than I’ve always worked and it’s currently winter. 

That's really cool that you live so close to such an important historical site. I'd imagine the Christmas morning reenactment must be a really unique experience. Fingers crossed the river conditions allow for the crossing this year. It's great that you'll get to check it out after missing it last time. And I can understand still working through the winter months - it does help pass the time of year. hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays and celebrations!

On 12/19/2023 at 10:40 PM, SalarMan said:

Well, first of all over the last few years we have agreed to do our Christmas shopping only at the Dollar Store with a $20 limit instead of spending money on "stuff". During the year if there is something either one of needs or wants we just go and get it.

As a result, we have been donating to local charities with the money that we would have spent on Christmas. There are plenty of folks in the area who need it more than we do.

Finally...A long time friend is suffering with Alzheimer's disease, and we will be visiting him and his wife for a couple of days. As Linda put it, I have the feeling this won't happen next year. I hope she is wrong, but something inside me says she is right.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!

Those are such thoughtful ways to handle the holidays - limiting spending to what's needed and donating extra funds to good causes. Especially meaningful this time of year. I'm sure your friend and his wife really appreciate you taking the time to visit as well. Alzheimer's is so difficult to witness in a loved one. cherishing the present moments together is truly the best gift. Wishing you all peace and joy through the celebrations, and hoping for the best for your friend's health in the new year.

On 12/20/2023 at 7:47 AM, mikechell said:

I'm planning on doing yard work and cleaning my den and my workshop.  Of course, I might end up just sitting in my recliner, playing games online and sleeping.  Got the week 'tween Christmas and New Years off, so rest and relaxation is on the menu.

Sounds like a good balance of getting some tasks done but also giving yourself permission to relax and recharge. Yard work and cleaning are always good projects to cross off but nothing wrong with cozy days in your recliner too. The week off between holidays is perfect for that mix of productivity and downtime.