Fly Tying

FTOTY Contest - VOTE NOW!!!!!

I voted and was it ever hard. So to help me, I voted on flies that I thought would catch fish. So I only voted in the catorgories that I fish in. Execpt for the rockies I had to vote for those. I mean after all thats what fly tying is all about. Making a fly to catch fish. Anyways all of the flies were very well tied and the voting was close in all catagories. I want to thank everyone for tying such wonderfull looking flies. And good luck to everyone.

Looks like there are some verey talented tiers here on FTF!Good job participants!

Wow !!!

That was really taxing, the only catagory that didnt give me trouble was the top water pike. I cant wait for the voteing to be over so we can go back and see them all again. Hopefully. Real works of art.

Morning to all,

I think Will or someone said on an earlier post that on 1-25-06 - there would be a new round of Voting and the anticipation is upon that day --> It's here Gents --> the moment is near cuz it's the 25th of January

and the Voting is gonna be tough for me!!!!!!

Good Luck to all of you

Man I can't wait to see all the great winners. I must say though everyone who submitted a fly deserves a round of applause!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Man I can't believe almost 8000 votes. :bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

That just goes to show what a great place these forums are!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Sam

Not much time left now! No matter which flies that go through, it's gonna be a hard one to vote in the next round!

/Ulf

Less than an hour to go! hehehe... Any idea when the individual category results will be posted or will all results, including FTOY be announced at the same time? Curious...

Steelie

At 9 I will turn the voting off, it will take me awhile to verify the winner of each category. I will try to get that done tonight.

Remember there are two rounds of voting. The 2nd round will consist of the 30 category winners and that will determine the "Fly Tyer of the Year".

I'm going through too much stress right now to have to wait another couple hours to see the winners. Actually I am more excited about being able to ask the tyers a few questions about some of the flys that were submitted, I need some of them in my box.

Hey Will, I had an idea today, for the Fly Tyer of the Year category for next year maybe make it so for someone to be eligible that they have to tie 3 different styles of flys, and then have it so the 3 flys would be viewed together and that way the voting would be based on a tyer's versatility or fluency in more than just one fly or style.