Fly Tying
colbyjack

outdoor scenery today

Well, just an FYI. The Painted Buntings were here for about a week. We haven't seen them for the last two days, so we don't believe they're nesting here.

There are so many flowers, wild and domestic, that are variations on that purple/lavender.

At the risk of sounding ... feminine ... it never gets old. And a field of those is one pretty balm to the eyes.

Its the bluebells that pop up every year. Its a lovely 30min walk through mixed woodland and bluebell after bluebell.

They're probably protected ... but this young Ibis just about became fly tying material today. I was almost close enough to grab it.

My wife sent me this picture yesterday. A Muscovy Duck couple has taken up residence in my Mother-n-law's rose bed. Wife had just arrived at her house and was taking a picture of them when a Kestrel swooped in and grabbed one one of the ducklings. It dropped it a second later and the parents got to it and brought it back to the flock.

What Wife didn't realize, until she was showing the picture to Mom ... was that she had caught the Kestrel in the photograph.

While it is just a blur, there it is, fraction of a second before grabbing the duckling.

That's amazing Mike! Ever use a Muscovy feather for anything?

I have not ... Wife likes them. She won't let me run one down to get its feathers.

Just blame it on the Kestrel.

yes yes, i got the jeep bug too.... lol

cliffs123105005.jpg

new_068.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image4.jpg

011705004.jpg

yeah yeah, i enjoy my digital camera..... lol

that bird was something else. i got right down on the pavement snapped it and he never moved. wish i knew what kind it was. -chris

Looks like either a gold crest or a fire crest