Fly Tying
Sturgeon_Catcher

Fall foliage across the.......

One of the things I found that was really cool (for me anyway!!) while on my fishing trip was to watch the advent of spring 5 times. It started in Florida with the dogwood trees. As I traveled north, my timing was optimal. I watched the Kousa dogwood start and come to bloom in 5 different growing regions up the east coast.

The thought is ...

Let's watch the coming of fall in the foliage this year the breadth of this forum. The elms, the maples, the oaks..... Might be a fun circumstance. I shall repost the photo in Seattle of the Vine Maple.... I realize it is not a really cool photo but it is a beginning therefore - the photos are out there!!!

I realize that its not quite here yet - but, the early photos can be cool as well. Going from Thailand to VN in 1969 took a picture flying from Maine to Boston of fall foliage. Some time before I developed this film. Couldn't figure out what in blazes it was for the longest time. Made no sense...just a big bunch of splotches....

Rambling....

later

Fred

IPB Image

Ok, I'll wait until fall to post pics here....

My favorite fall colors are not really on the trees, they are on the trout....

post-992-1156443997_thumb.jpg

I'll be bringing my new camera when we go up to RI for tunas this year, and you trout boys'll be licking your chops when you what us salty types catch when the leaves turn. My favorite fall colors are green and silver LOL. If the fish don't come through, I'll be sure to post a picture of my red face. (Hey, it happens)

The wife called me a wandering husband when I called her today. I guess that's right I am in South Carolina after fishing the South Holston again and traveling through North Carolina.

This plant I couldn't identify because it was on private property and too far away. It was in Tennessee so coming to Tennessee as well.

IPB Image

This plant was Rhus typhena, staghorn sumac. This plant will go to almost blood red - coming to North Carolina.

IPB Image

Not sure about South Carolina yet, but I'll be watching!!!!

later

Fred

Still green here, but a few signs of autumn are beginning to float down from the Catskills. Should mean that the browns and smallmouths out back will be kicking it into high gear pretty soon. (assuming that Hurricane Ernesto doesn't washIPB Image them all down to the Delaware)

Hey dfown2earthly....

nice pic!!! What about those Aspen trees in the background??? Were they yellow yet? Love to see a pic of a big old splash of yellow on a hillside. Means water and elk!!!! Fall is coming and so is elk season in Oregon. Real soon as a matter of fact! Better go sight in that 30-06 BAR I bought earlier this year. Gonna go looking for a "Ghost of the Woods!"

later

Fred