Fly Tying
Sturgeon_Catcher

Fall foliage across the.......

I really like these fall foliage photos, and they'll only get better in the next two months.

Peterjay, I see you have quite an artistic eye for shapes, patterns, colors and light, and you capture it so well, truly inspiring work.

Graham

I'll second that Graham.....Looking at that picture, for some reason, I hear silence. I imagine the whole world falling dead still for that shot....

I'll keep my philosophical ramblings to myself....in short, Good job!

Not really the fall colors you're looking for, but then again, I guess these trees ARE wearing thier fall colors....... This shot would be this green year round, minus the occasional snowflake.... :hyst:

post-3723-1157598910_thumb.jpg

Hey down2....

you do get around my man. And the things you get around!!!!! Very nice shots

Hey Peterjay...

Need I say more??? Sent pj a PM. Told him his eye for composition demanded he shoot again. I rest my case. Very nics pics PJ and can't wait to see more.

Gonna take a drive today - to a higher elevation - bet my favorite bush is ready. Have gone to this bush for 15 years. Always bring a spray for the wife. It's a vine Maple (Acer circinatum) and a wild one.

Keep them coming guys. The colors are gonna be fantastic. They are gonna come from everywhere. You'll see!!!

later

Fred

Thanks Fred - I owe you guys a lot for helping rekindle a spark that I thought was long gone, and I can't begin to express my gratitude - I found a guy yesterday who can digitize my negatives at a reasonable price, so hopefully, I'l be able to reprint my portfolio without spending interminable hours in a darkroom up to my elbows in toxic waste. Guess we'll have to wait and see how that one works out. If it's possible to produce decent images from digitized negatives, I might be able to use the gear I already have, and I'll have the negatives as a backup. Heck, I even hauled out my 6X7 yesterday and cleaned it up. Carting that beast around (it weighs 6 pounds) will sure be a help in my weight-loss program LOL.

The digitizing process works like a champ!! When I shoot the 35mm I get one hour service and specific instructions regarding no adjustments. Man takes the roll of film - reads it extrenmely quickly - cuts a cd and its a done deal. Takes less than 30 seconds to scan a 36 exposure roll. Sometimes I get antsy to see my pics and have watched the process a bunch of times.

I don't even look at the prints. Don't even care what size or type of paper. The CD is where it is at. You bet you'll get your portfolio back. I have absolutely no doubts that Dr. Photoshop MR. Graham would be excited to help you learn the program.

later

Fred

Gosh I wish I could play with that 6X7. Remember the post about photo backups. You could order large prints from Kinko's and such with a wide variety of papers for $.89 for an 8X10 laser print.

Those are encouraging words Fred. Digitizing negatives sounds like the best of both worlds - the hard copy backup is an absolute must as far as I'm concerned. Re: the 6X7 - I paid a small fortune for mine 25 years ago, but I'd bet you could pick one up fairly cheaply if you looked around. I know the new ones came way down in price during the 80s and 90s, and there must be quite a few used ones around, since they were fairly popular. They're great cameras - I never even thought of selling mine, no matter how idle it sat. Just like a 35mm on steroids - easy to handle and you can't beat those big negatives.

The digitizing process works like a champ!! When I shoot the 35mm I get one hour service and specific instructions regarding no adjustments. Man takes the roll of film - reads it extrenmely quickly - cuts a cd and its a done deal. Takes less than 30 seconds to scan a 36 exposure roll. Sometimes I get antsy to see my pics and have watched the process a bunch of times.

I don't even look at the prints. Don't even care what size or type of paper. The CD is where it is at. You bet you'll get your portfolio back. I have absolutely no doubts that Dr. Photoshop MR. Graham would be excited to help you learn the program.

later

Fred

Gosh I wish I could play with that 6X7. Remember the post about photo backups. You could order large prints from Kinko's and such with a wide variety of papers for $.89 for an 8X10 laser print.

you still pay for 1 hour??? or can they develop and make ya a cd any cheaper if you dont want the prints? -chris

Never tried to take them down any lower. Under 10dollars as I recall for 24 exp with the cd. Also can have the pixel from 1800dpi to 640 dpi actually 3 dimensions but don't remember the middle one. Same price. May seem like a lot but you cannot imagine what cropping and resizing can run into in the film world. Well worth it though as that's all we had.

later

Fred