Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fcflyguy

WHATS YOU FAVIOTE SWAP U BEEN IN

For me, the Wet fly swap with a twist that Don hosted a while back, with the exception of 2 swaps though I have enjoyed em all!!!

Dustin.

I agree I have liked them all, but "your favorite bead head " had some awesome results. But just as I say that I'm sure the next swap will be great as well. They just keep getting better & better.

Pickin :headbang:

all of the swaps i've been in were great. well, all but one, and after a month we got our flies from that one as well!!!!

my favorite fly has come from sullytm in th sierra nevada swap!!!

right on sully!! :headbang:

I've enjoyed all of the swaps...The wealth of talent is a great motivator.

majestyja, I'm embarrased to say I don't remember what flies I tied? Fox Poopah? Extended body mayfly on an Umbrella hook? I'm glad you liked them...hopefully, they brought you a few fish to hand :)

Later...

I have enjoyed each one of them. But the next one always seems to be more fun than the last. All due I might add, to the quality of people on this site.

I have enjoyed swapping with most everyone here, even though my first swap I ever joined I never got flies back, I did not let it discourage me from joining more, and Im glad for that, I have dealt with some very great people here!!!!

Dustin.

I've enjoyed all my swaps also, save 1. Still waiting on that one. :dunno:

From a purely selfish point of view, my best flies came from the most recent beadhead swap. Awesome flies from everyone.

My favorite one to tie so far was the czech nymph swap. Totally new to me, and lots of fun.

I usually get my flies done fairly quickly, so I like swaps with shorter turn arounds.

I think when I host swaps in the future I'll keep the due date to around two months, maybe less.

All in all I have to say that I just enjoy swapping. You get to try new patterns and techniques, see others work, learn about different fish and baits, explore new ways to improve your tying. The swaps can not be beat!

I have enjoyed all the swaps.

I agree that I like shorter turn around times, they inspire me to get them done and go to my next project.

I have been in 19 swaps on this board in the last year, they have all worked but 1. About 1/3 wind up going long and I get flies I forgot about.

The flies have all been good, some great. I think mine are better now as a result. Those close up macro pictures will make you work a little harder to get them right.

Most of the swappers have been great.

All in all a good experience. Thanks everyone.

I have enjoyed all the swaps I have been in and the one that I hosted. I think my favorite was my first one which was the panfish swap hosted by fly time. My fly wasn't the best one but it was cool to see pictures back from him a couple of days after he received them showing all the blue gills he caught.

I also look forward to the quick turnarounds. I think it's great to just knock out your flies and get on with the next one. I know now to really take a look at the deadlines before I get into a swap.

I have been in a total of 5 swaps now and every one has been great.