Fly Tying
vices

Whats your poison?

I roast my own coffee, so usually it's whatever I roasted in the last few days. Lately I've had some very nice Ethiopian Harrar and some Sulawesi Toraja. Should get a new shipment of Columbian Supremo, Costa Rica Tarrazu and India Elkhill Estate next week. Beer makes me too sleepy to tie, though I do occasionally enjoy a Guiness or a Sam Adams.

Mike

Tieing in the AM a good cup of coffee.

A cold Redhook IPA or ESB or even a blonde or a porter or a Wiesen.

I like Redhook Brewery sorry.

Now and then pineapple morgan over ice.

Now if I break out the celtic music I can't help but go with a Sam Smith

or a Old Speckled Hen or even a Tetley.

Home made shine and pigs feet... :hyst: I don't drink much these days since i had heart surgery......some crystal light (hate plain water, no taste), or tea..... :crying:

In my case, a nice large "caballito" [(little horse) (shot glass)] of Don Julio Reposado Tequila (straight and sipped as tequila should be enjoyed).

Last Christmas, my eldest son gave me 6 "caballitos" that look like Clydesdales. They each hold 5 oz. of liquid!!!!!!! :bugeyes: :bugeyes: :blink: :blink: :headbang: :headbang:

My biggest problem is that my hands shake. If they're shaking because I've had too much coffee, I have a Pabst. If they're shaking because I haven't had a Pabst, then I have a Pabst. If they're not shaking at all, then I make a cup of coffee so that my hands will shake so that I have to have a Pabst.

I like to sit down with a rum, lots of ice and a little pepsi for colour. I don't like much colour mind you. And I find that lasts me for my session at the bench.

Hey Joe Hard:

Ever go to the Lower Deck? When I am in Halifax I make sure I get there for at least one!

I'm with Slacker. Living in FL has given me an appreciation for rum. I usually have a glass of Santa Theresa 15 Year Old - yum. For some reason beer suffs my nose and gives me a headache within a few hours :(

Anyone want to swap rum recommendations, PM me ;)

I don't drink that much so it is the flavour of the month for me.

Gibsons Finest Rye, Glenfiddich Scotch or Appletons Estate rum, beer is okay but man if I have 2 I am ready for a nap, not sure why. :)

I like to sit down with a rum, lots of ice and a little pepsi for colour. I don't like much colour mind you. And I find that lasts me for my session at the bench.

That's the way i do it. Pour a bit of 10 Cane rum on the rocks, splash a bit of pepsi on it and it's good to go :headbang:

My other go to is wiskey, Johnny Walker black the same way B)

I find a few of those :whistle: is quite relaxing B) :thumbsup:

For me quite often beer! Love Keiths also ocasionally will be a Guiness. Unfortunately lately I'm on a bit of a budget so it's been down to the cheap buck a beer beers mostly Lakeport. Theyre not that bad i guess! lol!!

Mike

I usually like a good cup o' tea for tying I am especially fond of oolong teas but if I'm drinking it's scotch and milk for me :smoke: (easy on the milk and I mean really easy) or if I'm in beer mood I would have to agree with Tree Snagger I reach for the PBR, all my friends turn green at the site of the stuff :sick: but I love it, it was the first beer I had and was what my grandpa drank (hence it was the one I could sneak out of the fridge and take back behind the barn to drink) and it's just makes me feel nastalgic for some moronic reason :dunno:

Steve :cheers:

... I'm drinking it's scotch and milk for me ....

That just about made me gag....

Anyway. I'm usually drinking a pepsi or a glass of tea....but if I'm really drinkin it's either a bloody mary or a glass of merlot....helps to not shake so much for me....but then again if I keep on hitting the bloody mary I get the giggles...wich doesn't help the matters of not shaking! :hyst: :hyst:

Bass ale....I figure if I can't catch one , at least I can drink one. :D

Too funny! And Bass is sooooo good.

In the winter, it'd be coffee or beer. In the summer it'd be gin and tonic (am I the first to say gin?) or beer. Nothing fancy with the beer while I'm tying. Just a plain old US of A pilsner. I enjoy a really good beer, but not when I'm tying, oddly enough.