Fly Tying
garetjax

Where to buy fly tying supplies online?

I am trying to find a few things needed to make nymphs and stoneflies. I have been to my local Bass Pro Shop and Gander Mountain but neither carry or have in stock what I need. Can anyone reccomend a good, reputable (honest) online retailer that keeps fly tying supplies in stock with a wide variety to choose from? I am trying to locate some Kaufmann blends (black and tan/brown), 5/64" gold beadheads, and dark laquered turkey tails.

I have found plenty of online retailers that sell this stuff, but I've never done business with them. Any suggestions?

I haven't used them .. yet .. but a bunch of the guys here have and say the sponsor JStockard's is a first class operation. I use Feather-Craft mostly and have had no troubles at all. Blue Ribbon Flies is also a good source and I have used Bear Lodge Angler and am very pleased with them.

Mike

I use J.Stockard on line if my local shops don't have what I want They also sponsor this group.There are other good ones out there. Orvis is good but very slow on delivery. I hope this helps.. :coffee:

flytyer's dungeon is a good source for things like flash, dubbing, rubber legs, z-lon type material, synthetic hairs, and deer and elk hair. Prices are very affordable with $.95 being the most you will pay for a single item. There's a wide range of colors in most materials. All the materials are homemade but are good quality. They offer the most choices in dubbing. They have beaver, hare's ear, dry and wet fly.

J. Stockard and Fly Tyers Dungeon are good to me... JS delivers quality items and quickly. FTD does the same.

I haven't bought very much stuff online since i started tying actually. Most of my stuff was bought via local shops.

I've dealt with Stockard, two thumbs up.

I've dealt with Cabela's, one and a half thumbs up only cause they have always sent my stuff in like 5 seperate boxes. One day I get a shoebox sized box with a pack of hooks in it. A couple days later I get another one with a patch of fox hair. Etc, Etc, Etc. So that kinda bugs me :lol:

Bought some stuff off ebay over a year ago, everything was as advertised.

FeathersMC.com had good prices, shipping, and some of the customer service attributes of a local shop.

Bought a pack of hooks from Day5, got them quick.

I think thats it :lol:

FeathersMC.com had good prices, shipping, and some of the customer service attributes of a local shop.

I went to this website... HOLY SMOKES. These guys have just about every feather, style, whatever in any color you want that you could imagine. I must have spent nearly three hours looking through that site. Great place! I ended up getting my black turkey feathers there. ;)

I've been very happy with J.Stockard and I also use Hook & Hackle. They have good prices & they ship fast.

Aye. I placed an order with them for Tiemco 300 hooks, 5/64" gold tungsten beads and Wapsi Vinyl ribs. I did the rest of my shopping for some Kaufmann Blend black and brown stonefly dubbing at tcoflyfishing.com - great site, good prices. =)

Stay away from FeathersMC.com at all costs. John may be a great guy and ship quickly and have good prices on great stuff but if all of you start using the site, there might be less for me to buy. John Mc is THE guy for salmon and atlantic fly materials. I only shop elsewhere when it is an item that he doesn't have and you have already noted that he seems to have everything. ;)