Fly Tying
Graham

A few pics from San Diego

I spent last weekend in San Diego with my family, and took a few snapshots.

The day time lighting was too bright and harsh, and Saturday night we went for a dinner cruise and trying to take night time shots on a moving vibrating boat was basically impossible. But it was a fun family weekend.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

San Diego is a cool city...

San Diego is an awesome city!!! I've been out there a number of times and loved it every time. If I get out there again I intend to rent a kayak for a day and flyfish Mission Bay or La Jolla. Thanks for sharing the great photos (love the night shots).

Graham, You should have come up and let me know you were there! We could have taken my bass boat out for the big ones (3rd picture)

Great photos, really like the night shots.

great pic's Graham. I have family out there. And i hear how nice it is, but those pic's realy tell alot. I will have to get out there to visit next year.

Thanks guys, I'm really glad you like them. San Diego is a beautiful city, and the air is so much cleaner than in LA. I'm looking forward to going back.

Definitely some nice wide angle shots Graham. I especially like the shot looking up into the ship's rigging. What lens(es) were you using?

Hey Chris,

I used the 17-55 /2.8 for all of the shots, except for the pelican. I was taking pics by the tide pools when I saw some pelicans flying around, popped the 70-200 /2.8 on the camera and got off a couple of quick shots. Normally back lit birds dont have much detail due to poor lighting, but the sun was reflecting up from the tide pools and lit the underside of the wings. I wished I had a tripod with me next to the aircraft carrier, but it was a family trip, and lugging a camera bag was ok, but a tripod would have been a pain to constantly carry. I'd love to go back to these places with optimal lighting conditions. I think the dinner crusie in June would be good because the sun would not set before departure. I have a lot more pics from the trip but haven't had the time yet to look at them all and change file sizes and upload. I really love the 17-55 lens!!!!

Talk about bringin back memories...I was stationed in SD 87-90 in the US NAVY..ws at Miramar

and these photos bring back some good memories, my brother in-law lives up in Temecula and

keeps asking when me weife and kids are coming for a visit..boy would that be nice.

Thanks Graham for the photos...mike :D