Fly Tying
breambuster

Step By Step Swap

I finished my flies for this swap today! :yahoo: Now, all I need to do is to post the step-by-step. With my dial-up connection, he might take a while. I'm still waiting for 2 sets of flies, and I believe they are both in the mail. I'll let everyone know when they arrive.

Thanks to everyone for letting me delay the finish date for this swap. It's going to be worth it, though. There are some great looking flies and the step-by-step will be helpful for everyone as well.

Take care

BB

Hey, Gang,

My Step-By-Step as been added to the Step-By-Step and Tutorial site. I had just started earlier tonight when a thunderstorm rolled through and we lost power for a few seconds. Just enough to trigger the battery back up and shut down the computer. All that got posted was the introductory sentence down to the first picture. But I've got it all finished now, I hope, and I invite you all to take a look. If you see a typo or whatever, let me know.

Take care

BB

PS. We were delighted to get a rain shower. We are in a very extreme drought in our part of the country. I know there is flooding in the mid-west, but we are at the other extreme here. I saw a report a couple of weeks ago that scientists, by studying tree rings, have determined that we are in the most extreme drought of the last 800 years! Lake Hartwell, on the SC/GA border is somewhere between 12 and 15 feet below full stage. That's a vertical drop of 12 to 15 feet. You can imagine how much shoreline is exposed with that kind of drop. We are thrilled to get even a brief shower, but it does very little to alleviate the drought conditions that we are experiencing. If someone could run a pipeline from the midwest to my garden, and let me have some of the excess water they have over there, I sure would appreciate it!

I received flies today from Scott V. Nice tie, Scott, and thanks for the extras. Very nice. I'll enjoy using them. My best wishes to your wife.

There was also a card in the mailbox, left by the carrier saying that there is a package at the post office. They couldn't leave it, because it requires a signature. I'm pretty sure it's the last set of flies. I'll pick it up Monday and try to get them back out to everyone, maybe as early as Tuesday. I'll let you know.

Take care

BB

OK, guys, the flies went out in the mail today. Thanks to all for participating. Again, I apologize for the delay, but I think the delay may have helped some of the other swappers as well. There are some very nice flies in the set and I'm sure you will all learn something from the step-by-step aspect of this swap. I know I'm going to learn to tie some new patterns because of this swap.

Please let me know when you receive your flies. I always like to track these things until everyone has their set of flies in hand. I will be indicating on the first post of this thread the status of each swapper's set. "Completed" means that that swapper has received his set.

Beyond that, I always think it's nice when people post that they have fished a particular pattern from the swap and caught fish with it. And pictures are always a great addition. Let us know how these flies work for you.

Thanks to all.

BB

Got em. Great job everyone. Expecially Floyd. Those Harry Toms are great and to send two is above and beyond.BB you know I love that pattern you tied ,thanks for that and thanks for hosting.RDL nice inovative pattern very clean.Dnthmn, sweet fly well tied. In all ,the flies were excellent and now we have the step by steps to try them ourselves.

Nice Ties everyone, mine arrived today, Haven't forgotten on the pics, got them, edited finally, and will get them posted asap.

Thanks for a great shop on the hosting :headbang:

Nealbo, your fly was one of them that made this a great swap . Well tied fly in great colors .would drive the gills wild if I let it touch the water. I'm gona save yours and try to tie some off the step by step to let the gills brutilize.

This is a nice collection, I will be using at least 7 of these this weekend up in the sierras. And I can not wait to see the bass that hits Fred's crawdad, I just hope it survives the monster that will devour it. If I could only pick one fly out of the box to catch dinner, it would have to be Rockworm's Olive Sedgehog. RDL's fly will be usd for surf perch, I guarantee a perch or two on that one.

Thanks to everyone, these flies will be put to the test. Pictures to hopefully come soon of the catches.

Got my flies this week. Excellent tying everyone. I am greatly impressed by the tying on the Hairy Toms and Cajun tickler. Many thanks BB for hosting this swap. The Step-by-Step was a great idea- I hope you have another soon.

Hey guys, got my flies last week and there are some incredible ties in there. Sorry for the delay, I am really tied up at work and getting ready for a Cisco certification test in my off hours. Temperature has been in the 100's here so fishing isn't very enjoyable anyway. Thanks to everyone for the great ties and I will be looking forward to tying some of these patterns later on.

Ray

I was at my parents place for my dads 75th this weekend and when i got home there was a present waiting for me! Awesome tying everyone, thanks for a great set. I am entered into a bass all summer tournament that I think I now have an edge on. I'll post pics of the fish I get soon.

Regards,

Dan

post-12508-1215994244_thumb.jpgpost-12508-1215994280_thumb.jpgOk Rockworm, as I predicted I knew I would get a fish or two on your fly. This is the average size brookie where I was fishing. I got this one out of a creek section about 12 inches wide. I continued to catch around a dozen or so on your fly. Next weekend I will use the Hairy Toms. And in 3 weeks I will be going for surf perch with at least 2 flies from the swap. Thanks Rockworm those brookies were killing your fly, not only is it a good fly, but well tied seeing as I can still use it.