Fly Tying
Claudia

Flies from the vice.

hopefully soon! just getting back into the groove of cranking out 10 flies a day! (if i dont run out of hooks!)

A floating PMD nymph, a biot and herl soft hackle, and a gray hackle peacock soft hackle

Charlee, have you fished that floating nymph? How would you fish that???, in fast water where a nymph may be ripping past? Do you fish it like an emerger with some twitches maybe????

Very interested!.

I didnt forget about you (or Jan) either, I will load up a goody bags for you shortly.

Bob

Heres some more stuff:

Caddis.jpg

Deciever.jpg

TheWhiteB.jpg

By the way....caught a really nice crappie tonight on the middle fly.

Jan

Those are sweet, Jan. I'd have to trim or pluck out those curly elk hairs

on your caddis, though. But that's just me. Is that some of your new Whiting

hackle? What size hook is the conehead you caught the crappie on?

He must've been a whopper. Your flies are always impressive.

Mike

Thanks mike, the middle fly is a #6, the crappie was around 8-9 inches, not a whopper, but a nice one. The caddis....what can I say, hes having a bad hair day. Actually I didn't even notice the unruly hairs until you mentioned it. Funny what a macro photo can do to a fly :rolleyes: I didn't use any of my my new stuff on this one, I have a couple Whitings 100 packs, that's where the hackle is from.

NO! NO! NO, JAN!! The correct answer should have been, "yeah, Mike, it's a bit tassled from all the trout that have sucked it in. It's been such a ggod fly I hate to mess with perfection." Jesh, son, it's called "embellishment"...that's not completely lying :rolleyes: LOL

we must learn only one lesson at a time if we are to learn the lesson well, young Grasshopper!

working on making custom wing burners at the present time....waiting for my Dremels to recharge!