Fly Tying
Claudia

Flies from the vice.

I just tied up some streamers that should be getting salty as I type this ........

post-22332-1250897475_thumb.jpg

I tied some sz 4 leeches today and it was like tying dry flies after these ............ :)

Would look even better with Gator eyes buddy.

www.deercreek.co.uk

I just tied up some streamers that should be getting salty as I type this ........

I tied some sz 4 leeches today and it was like tying dry flies after these ............ :)

www.deercreek.co.uk

Those are good looking eyes, no doubt. Liked them the first time I saw them. Had I made complete purchase of materials for the order, the whole front of the fly would be different. For blue water and especially shark offerings I would use icthyo heads on my own nickel .......

http://ichthyosys.com/

Very versatile & cost effective. Would make a nice addition to your web site if you cater to this market or in-shore for that matter.

Nice web site btw.

www.deercreek.co.uk

Those are good looking eyes, no doubt. Liked them the first time I saw them. Had I made complete purchase of materials for the order, the whole front of the fly would be different. For blue water and especially shark offerings I would use icthyo heads on my own nickel .......

http://ichthyosys.com/

Very versatile & cost effective. Would make a nice addition to your web site if you cater to this market or in-shore for that matter.

Nice web site btw.

we do 19mm size eyes too.

Nice and big for the toothy Sharks.

[email protected]

twisted_leech.jpg

Twisted Leech

Hook: Sprite Perfect International #10

Thread: Benecchi 12/0, grey

Tail: Fluey barbs from base of hackle, dark olive

Body: Narrow green plastic ribbon from a produce bag; IV Ice Dub, ginger, inserted into split thread, sparse - twisted together

Veiling: Llama mix, olive - sparse

Cheers,

Hans W

beetle7.jpg

That's what I was throwing up until around a week ago. Now they're kinda gone.

Japanese Beetle tied out of a coffee bean. I know you guys have seen this bug, but :

CLICK ON THIS for Japanese Beetle Coffee Bean Link

Thing is.. my local guys all teased me and said I was bait fishing. So I kinda stopped.

It really is not a fly. So I did go to all foam for the last 2-3 weeks.

Now its ants... next its hoppers! Crunchy! Cheers, Brian

sleek_rabbit.jpg

Sleek Rabbit

Hook: Sprite Perfect International #12

Thread: Benecchi 12/0, grey

Hackle: Whiting Brahma hen saddle barbs, mottled

Tail: Llama mix, olive

Rib: Flashabou strand, green

Abdomen: Rabbit/hare mix, medium brown

Thorax: Rabbit/hare mix, medium/dark grey

Wing: Snowshoe rabbit, cream

Cheers,

Hans W

Claudia,

I've been tying soft hackles and midges of late. Nothing fancy, but I enjoy tying them. Sorry, no pics.

Sounds realy great Kerusso, thank you for joining and if you by any chanse do take some pictures please post them :)

Heres some hairwings iv been tying this week. Thunder and Lightning, Green Highlander and Blue Charm. I also made some flies for that old Pike with a conehead.

Regards C

great looking flies very impressed with your proportions

Dear fellow tyers around the world.

ones again i must express my gratitude for all the post with lovely very fine flies thats been made to this tropic since i last been in here.

its kind of overwhelming to start a tropic that holds more than a thousand posts still and its a huge inspiration.

i haven been wrighting in here for a long time, iv been in hospital for 1,5 month. but im slowly but surely getting better.

i haven't welcomed allot of new tyers to this tropic and for that i am truly sorry, but i hope you all can forgive my absence.

Bearhug C

We sure have missed you, C! This thread hasn't been the same without you. We're happy to hear that you're out of the hospital, and we hope you recover fully and quickly.

All the best,

John

:Been wondering where you were Miss C. Hope all is well and you are on the road to recovery! :rockon: :thumbup: