Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Step By Step Swap

I received flies today from Brian and from Ronc23. Both are great looking patterns, and fish catchers for sure!

Only 2 more sets are out. Student4evr plans to get his in the mail today, and I should have them in a few days. I haven't been able to get in touch with .Steve. He asked me for my Addy on January 4, saying that he hoped to mail his flies the next day, but I have never received them. The last time he was on the FTF was January 20. I've sent himi a couple of PM's and his email is private. If I don't hear from him by the time Student4evr's flies get here, I'm just going to send everyone their flies and I'll include the one that each tier sent for .Steve. I hate to do this because it is .Steve's first swap, but I don't know what else to do. I have asked Steeldrifter and Smalliehunter to try to get in touch with him for me, but so far they haven't been able to hear from him, apparently.

So, that's where we stand, as of now. My wife will be home either Feb 23 or 24, and I'll get my Step-By-Step posted ASAP after she gets home.

Thanks to you all for your patience and understanding. But when you get your flies, I promise, you are all going to say, "It was WELL worth the wait!" These are some GREAT flies!

Take care

BB

Keep my fly BB, consider it another SM gratuitie :) .

Besides I've got a dozen or so that I tied here waiting for me to try out.

Cheers.

Keep my fly BB, consider it another SM gratuitie :) .

Besides I've got a dozen or so that I tied here waiting for me to try out.

What Dnthmn said! Thanks for hosting BB!

Phishtales

Student4evr's flies arrived today. Thanks, Frank! VERY nice tie! I'm getting them divided up now, and hope to get them into the mail tomorrow. Still no word from .Steve. He hasn't been on the website since Jan 20, and hasn't responded to PM's from me. I have to assume that he has dropped out. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to seal everything up, and if I haven't heard from him by then, they're going into the mail. Unless you have specifically said to keep the extra, I'm mailing your 14th fly back to you.

Thanks to all.

BB

Good News, Everyone!

Your flies are in the mail! I want to thank each one, again, for the great job of tying! There are some wonderful flies in this set and they are going to be real fish getters. Everyone had enough postage, or cash to cover same, and we are in good shape. Thanks, also, for being willing to submit a "Step-By-Step" to that forum. My Wife got home last night, and I haven't had a chance to make the pictures yet, but I'll get mine posted in the next day or two.

When your flies arrive, PLEASE, let me know that by making a post here. You might want to comment on the great quality of the flies in this collection, or mention a particular pattern that catches your eye, or you may be busy and just want to say, "I got mine." But either way, it will be a lot of help to me. I always continue to track each set of flies until everyone has received theirs. On the first post of this thread, where I listed the names of the swappers and the patterns, I will be tracking each set, and when you have posted that you have received yours, I will make a notation there "Completed," which means you have your flies. The swap is not completed until everyone has their flies. If I don't hear from you that you have received your set, I'll be sending you PM's asking you if you got yours. So save us both a lot of trouble and let me know when your set arrives in the mail.

Again, thanks to all for the extras. I really appreciate them. And special thanks to Floyd who sent 2 flies for each swapper. Everyone will get an extra thanks to Floyd!

Many Thanks!

BB

Well, I received my flies today. I have not really been online for awhile, so I completely forgot about this swap. I must say what a nice surprise. Excellent :cheers: