Fly Tying
Flyfisher13

Let's mix it up swap

I had a very quiet Mother's Day Sunday with no obligations or running to do... so my flies are tied! I'm ready to mail, just need the address.

The address has been pm to you. Welcome aboard everyone including smalltownfish.... We are well on our way. The swap is full and closed. Have fun at the vises. Can't wait to see all the talent we have involved in this swap. We're going to have lots of great flies. Have fun.

I'm in TBD.

Since there are 14 participants total. I tie 13 flies right? :dunno:

Yes, only thirteen.

I am a little confused, (which is not that unusual), the first post says to tie 14 of the same pattern. The reply on page 3 says to tie 13. Could you clarify this? This is only my 3rd swap so I am not sure of the math.

I would guess it was a typo. There are fourteen tyers total, thirteen and the SM. If you were to tie fourteen then you are essentially tying one for yourself. I made the same error when I started my swap, I counted eight swappers and myself and figured nine flies a piece, it was actually supposed to be eight flies a piece. Thank goodness the kids in the swap are better at math than I am. :lol: It's an easy error to make (I base it on excitement). How often do we get to host our first swap? :D Essentially we are tying thirteen flies for each other and will receive thirteen various flies back when the swap is done.

I would guess it was a typo. There are fourteen tyers total, thirteen and the SM. If you were to tie fourteen then you are essentially tying one for yourself. I made the same error when I started my swap, I counted eight swappers and myself and figured nine flies a piece, it was actually supposed to be eight flies a piece. Thank goodness the kids in the swap are better at math than I am. :lol: It's an easy error to make (I base it on excitement). How often do we get to host our first swap? :D Essentially we are tying thirteen flies for each other and will receive thirteen various flies back when the swap is done.

Thanks for clarifying that Rich. :D

My thanks as well.

I have 14 Charlie Boy Hoppers size 10 ready to ship, Please send address. number 14 is for the swap master. I keep the ones with bierth defects.

I'm in TBD.

Since there are 14 participants total. I tie 13 flies right? :dunno:

Yes that is correct. I just tied 14 to make it an even number.

Thanks rich5665 for clearing that up it was an error or maybe I was thinking that some may not have wanted to tye and odd # of 13 so I said 14 either will work. Sorry for the confusion.

I'll be tying a Marabou Miss in size 6. It works real well on the speckled perch down here in Florida and I imagine it will anywhere else as well. :devil:

Thanks smalltownfish.... and agn54 for the posting what you are tying. I have updated the list. I should be receiving some flies within the next week we have had some that are finished and I have sent the addy to. Keep up the good work and have fun. We are moving right along.