Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
silverbullet32

Calling All Warmwater Fishermen!

I experiment as much as possible, but so far I have seen a lot of different species of fish respond to plain ole rabbit leeches with coneheads. Fish like bass, pike, bluegill, trout, steelies, but I prefer lighter casting flies for musky. Flash is optional. Just a week or two ago will I was up in Michigan I enticed a nice 2lb.-3lb. that was I rods length away from meand lots of 'gills were attacking it I wish I would have had a smaller one with me...

(sorry about the poor photo)

http://kyflyfishers.ning.com/photo/img_0713-1?context=latest

bass near the house love a stealth bomber. Basically it's just a foam diver/popper combo fly. when you strip it (depending on force ) it either dives under water or makes a pop and leaves a big air bubble.

100_2055.jpg

bass near the house love a stealth bomber. Basically it's just a foam diver/popper combo fly. when you strip it (depending on force ) it either dives under water or makes a pop and leaves a big air bubble.

100_2055.jpg

Hey bowlover, nice looking bomber. I've been trying to tie a couple of these using the same hooks I use for Gurgler's but can't come up with a decent "template" to form the craft foam body properly. The pattern I found online calls for the Gamy stringer hook which is a bit different then the hooks I use, the proportions are different. Did you just "eyeball" it or did you use the same hook the pattern call for?

How did you come with the foam shape?

thx's

Mike

Hey bowlover, nice looking bomber. I've been trying to tie a couple of these using the same hooks I use for Gurgler's but can't come up with a decent "template" to form the craft foam body properly. The pattern I found online calls for the Gamy stringer hook which is a bit different then the hooks I use, the proportions are different. Did you just "eyeball" it or did you use the same hook the pattern call for?

thx's

Mike

Mike check this site out it has a how to tie page for the bomber from the CREATOR of the fly Kent Edmonds

a couple other flies to check out on the page are the tokyo spider and the rubber legged dragon

http://www.flyfishga.com/stealth.htm

Smallies the Cyote Ugly has been a killer. For largies its the spidergrub all day! For carp the Kzoocraw is tops

post-2608-1248405075_thumb.jpg

post-2608-1248405124_thumb.jpg

post-2608-1248405177_thumb.jpg

Thanks I'll check it out.

Mike

thx's

Mike

Mike check this site out it has a how to tie page for the bomber from the CREATOR of the fly Kent Edmonds

a couple other flies to check out on the page are the tokyo spider and the rubber legged dragon

http://www.flyfishga.com/stealth.htm

I can attest to Day5's spider grub's affectiveness. I was fishing a river way up north in Michigan's U.P. and hooked a huge smallie. I got a glimpse of it but it unfortunately broke off :( It was probably the biggest bass I've ever hooked.

i have a thousand "favorites", but here are few that have been very productive the last two years:

post-20880-1248589864_thumb.jpg

post-20880-1248589910_thumb.jpg

post-20880-1248589982_thumb.jpg

post-20880-1248590038_thumb.jpg

post-20880-1248590085_thumb.jpg

post-20880-1248590120_thumb.jpg

i have a thousand "favorites", but here are few that have been very productive the last two years:
Nice ties Hub, excellent job old man. :headbang: :headbang:

what type of body is on the one three down on the top?

what type of body is on the one three down on the top?

hand shaped blase on a size 2/0 or 3/0 stinger hook....it's a big fly, but light....flips very easily with a furled leader and a bass taper 7-8wt line. Hand painted for that "homemade" quality...very simple pattern really...i prefer a drywall finishing sponge for the shaping/sanding of the balsa plug