Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Flyfish Dog

Big Musky Minnows

I finished these up yesterday for muskies.Eyes are really nice and I got them from www.bogbaits.com if you interested in them.

Black/Purple weedless with rattle tube inserted in mylar yubing tied off the back of hook shank.

NKcamera047.jpg

Firetiger

NKcamera044.jpg

Chart/Polar weedless with 2 rattle tubes inserted back to back inside Pearl mylar tubing.

flies002.jpg

Very cool flies. They would work great in the salt. Are they tied with EP fibres using the hi/low tie method (like EP minnows?)

When working with this type of material, I heard it's best that you carry around a brush or something cause it tangles up after a few casts. By the way, awesome looking baitfish!

Yes, they work well in the salt to. The perch/Firetiger is my favorite pattern overall but the Black/purple in sizes has been the most productive pattern color all year for everything I fished for. I am using an tying method of tying the top and then flip it over and tye in the bottom just in front of the top material. Not really sure about the Enrico's style of tying cause he will not mention it, at least I haven't seen it. I am using eP material but I also bought a ton of Congo fibre from FTD, They work identical and the cost of EP fibre so I am phasing out EP when I out I will buy from FTD as it is far cheaper and has longer fibres for monster flies.

BTW, I use a good comb that wont break, Cut in half , drilled a hole in thick part and installed a large snap swivel so it is hanging along with my cutters. Just keep it from getting matted up every 5 to 10 cast s is all you need. I can't live without these style of flies as they really haul them fishs in as long as you don't use to light of tippet.

I finished these up yesterday for muskies.Eyes are really nice and I got them from www.bogbaits.com if you interested in them.

Black/Purple weedless with rattle tube inserted in mylar yubing tied off the back of hook shank.

NKcamera047.jpg

Firetiger

NKcamera044.jpg

Chart/Polar weedless with 2 rattle tubes inserted back to back inside Pearl mylar tubing.

flies002.jpg

Great Flies mark those are really hot....Looks like you sold me on Congo Hair....Thats for sure

FlySlinger

Yes, they work well in the salt to. The perch/Firetiger is my favorite pattern overall but the Black/purple in sizes has been the most productive pattern color all year for everything I fished for. I am using an tying method of tying the top and then flip it over and tye in the bottom just in front of the top material. Not really sure about the Enrico's style of tying cause he will not mention it, at least I haven't seen it. I am using eP material but I also bought a ton of Congo fibre from FTD, They work identical and the cost of EP fibre so I am phasing out EP when I out I will buy from FTD as it is far cheaper and has longer fibres for monster flies.

BTW, I use a good comb that wont break, Cut in half , drilled a hole in thick part and installed a large snap swivel so it is hanging along with my cutters. Just keep it from getting matted up every 5 to 10 cast s is all you need. I can't live without these style of flies as they really haul them fishs in as long as you don't use to light of tippet.

Yea that was the method I was talking about. I'm not sure what Enrico does either, but the clump on top followed by one on bottom is how I learned to tie EP style flies as well, only mine don't turn out as nice as yours. Great work.

Thats interesting putting the rattle in a mylar. Could you take a picture with the materials pulled aside so I could see how this was done? Im not very fimiliar with techniques using this material.

Fishkill, You can barely see it on the Chart/White fly. But I can post another picture but I wont be possibly Wed. I have been doing this for quite some time especially on my salt flat shrimp pattern and for bass. Not really sure if its entirely new though.