Fly Tying
ColonelMel

"Original" Pattern Swap

RRSS,

I fish, and tie mostly for trout, so my preference would be for a bass pattern. I'm always short of those kings of flies. But I have a few of your ties, and know what ever you come up with will be just fine with me. I will go along with what the majority decision might be.

ok I need to know if you all would prefer a bass pattern or a trout pattern I have one for each and I am sure you all will like it

I'd go with the one you like to fish!

OK - I can't take it anymore. I'm in. Pattern TBD according to inventory...and perhaps a quick jaunt to the fly shop...

This the fly I settled on Sorry for poor picture

Tail Olive bucktail then rootbear colored sparkle material doubled over, then olive bucktail again

Body Rootbeer sparkle braid overribbed with tan vinyl rib

Crosscut olive rabbit

Brown Bead Head

Hook Size 10 3xl Streamer

post-4643-1270771060_thumb.jpg

OK - I can't take it anymore. I'm in. Pattern TBD according to inventory...and perhaps a quick jaunt to the fly shop...

You won't be sorry, gdp4! I've been in swaps with a lot of these folks before, and there's a lot of talent in this swap!

Are you asking us to tie 14 or 15 flies?

14 flies each. You don't need to tie the 15th you.. that would be yourself. You'll get back 14 flies.

ok I am going to tie a foam frog slider Fred Hannie came up with the pattern but I added some of my own touches to it so I hope you all like it it has been very productive for me last year including 2 5 lb large mouth bass and a 29 inch northern Pike in one afternoon

So after thinking a little more about material, and the type of fishing I will be doing soon here (steelies), I decided the caddis needed some tweaks. I am doing a flash case peeking caddis

size hook - 10 nymph slightly short

thread - greenish

Materials

butt - green caddis flash dub

peeking shell - peacock hurl

caddis leg things - indian saddle hackle, tied facing backward

thorax - 3 shades of tan-brown - olive flash dub shredded together

bead head

whip finshed

finally have them the way I want them to look, should be out by friday

ok I am going to tie a foam frog slider Fred Hannie came up with the pattern but I added some of my own touches to it so I hope you all like it it has been very productive for me last year including 2 5 lb large mouth bass and a 29 inch northern Pike in one afternoon

I like it! I've got you on the list, fiffleriversteelheadslayer!

Looks like were going to go with 14 tiers. That means everyone needs to tie a lucky 13 flies. If any flies have already been mailed, I'll simply return the extra fly when they are sorted out!