Fly Tying
smallieFanatic

"Amazing Facts Thread"

LOL!

Good one, Jan!

Amazing fact about BigDaddyHub....I'm the only employee at my facility to ever be named "Supervisor of the Year" three consecutive years, have a 65-1 record with felony cases I have personally prosecuted, and been involved in more physical cell extractions than any other officer currently on our roster. And I LOVE little purple wild flowers...really, I love little purple wild flowers.

This may take some Googling,

Next Topic: Moonbows

A moonbow (also known as a lunar rainbow, lunar bow or white rainbow) is a rainbow produced by light reflected off the surface of the moon rather than from direct sunlight. Moonbows are relatively faint, due to the smaller amount of light reflected from the surface of the Moon. They are always in the opposite part of the sky from the moon.

It is difficult for the human eye to discern colors in a moonbow because the light is usually too faint to excite the cone color receptors in human eyes. As a result, they often appear to be white. However, the colors in a moonbow do appear in long exposure photographs.

Moonbows are most easily viewed when the moon is near to full (when it is brightest). For other than those produced by waterfalls, the moon must be low in the sky (less than 42 degrees and preferably lower) and the sky must be dark. And of course there must be rain falling opposite the moon. This combination of requirements makes moonbows much more rare than rainbows produced by the sun.

Few places in the world frequently feature this phenomenon. Cumberland Falls[2], near Corbin, Kentucky, U.S.A. and Victoria Falls on the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe are widely known for moonbow occurrence. Also Durham, North Carolina and Waimea on Hawaii's Big Island

next topic: luna moths

Titan,

you're very close on the search of a vehicle...try this for the next topic:

Next topic: Terry Stop

I didn't know that... thanks BigDaddy! :headbang:

You're welcome, TF...I like to educate the youth of America...LOL!

Luna moths, also called moon moths, are night flyers from the giant silkworm moth family. They like to live in forested areas. These moths are one of the largest species and typically are about 4 inches in wingspan, although it could be as wide as 5 inches. They are strongly attracted to light, and will most often be found flitting around your exterior lighting.

Adult Luna moths are much admired because of their beauty. They have pale green wings with long tails and a yellow and blue eyespot on each wing. The antennae are feathery, but the males' antennae are bushier than the females.

Next Topic: The Tower of London

Topic: Tower of London

The Tower of London was one of the secondary targets for a terrorist plot in 1605. It is the "Gunpowder Plot" of London and was orchastrated by Guy Fawkes. In modern times, the English celebrate on the 5th of November (the day the plot was put into action) and appropriatley call it Guy Fawkes Night.

Remember, remember the fifth of November,

Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.

I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason,

Should ever be forgot.

Next Topic: Mount K2

K2 is the second-highest mountain on Earth after Mount Everest. With a peak elevation of 8,611 metres (28,251 ft), K2 is part of the Karakoram Range, and is located on the border between the Taxkorgan Tajik Autonomous County of Xinjiang, China and Gilgit, in Gilgit-Baltistan of Pakistan

Next topic April Volkey ( you all are welcome!) pics are acceptable as well

Nothin huh?

Nope if I start Googling (Ooogling) April at work I'll get a talking to :rolleyes:

and thats a fact.

Next topic................................

The name is actually April Vokey and here is her story

April Vokey lives in British Columbia and is a self-taught angler who was born with an unexplainable passion for fishing. As a young girl, she was the one who coaxed her father into going fishing and by the age of sixteen, when she was old enough to drive, was devoting all of her free time to her local rivers.

April is a steelhead enthusiast who spends the majority of her days chasing wild fish, Spey rod in hand. She is passionate about the environment, Atlantic Salmon flies and long walks on the beach (just joking).

She has made it her mission to encourage and introduce aspiring anglers to the sport, in hopes that it will bring them as much pleasure as it has brought her.

She takes pride in being an eternal student of fly-fishing.

And a pic for everyone

post-10925-1273804679_thumb.jpg

next subject:peacock pheasants