Fly Tying
NJFlyMAn

Looking for a step by step soft hackle

I was wondering if anybody has a step by step soft hackle pattern that they posted? or would be so kind and post one..I'm still having a little problem with my hackle, Just can't get it 100% all the time. So I would like to see how it's done..NJF

There are four soft-hackle flies at:

Step-By-Steps

The Waterhen Bloa and Stewart's Spider are traditional North Country soft-hackles.

The Hare's Ear Flymph and Pale Watery Dun are somewhat more recent soft-hackles.

I hope this helps.

I was wondering if anybody has a step by step soft hackle pattern that they posted? or would be so kind and post one..I'm still having a little problem with my hackle, Just can't get it 100% all the time. So I would like to see how it's done..NJF

Check out www.charliesflyboxinc.com for a lot of fly patterns with step by step instructions. there is a soft hackle pattern on the list, just click on fly box (text) on the right side of the page. Once on the fly box page click on the drop down menu and select the pattern of choice.

Here's a couple of vids on tying soft hackles. The first is on selecting soft hackles (

) and the second is tying a soft hackle: (
) , both demonstrated by Jeff Hines.

That partridge and orange video was great. Too bad the focus was bad at times. I'm definitely going to try the technique described.

Here's a couple of vids on tying soft hackles. The first is on selecting soft hackles (
) and the second is tying a soft hackle: (
) , both demonstrated by Jeff Hines.

Check out Davie McPhail's videos on Youtube. He does a number of soft hackles, including the Hare's Ear and Plover.