Fly Tying
Mr. Vegas

How did you come up with your username??

I am going to date myself here......way back before Nextel and computers we had CB radios in the cruisers. We wear dark green uniforms and I worked a lot out on I-95 fighting crime. My handle was Green Hornet, passing the time talking to truckers and my co-workers and I just kept it. When I bump into old friends they still call me that. In a crowded room one guy yelled out Green Hornet!, and I yelled back Mr. Potato Head! Everyone else thought we were nuts.

mine comes from hardcore tv in the 90's, great little skit 'fly fishing jam'

hahahaha

a ring a ling ling caus we goin fishin

fairwx = Fairweather, WX= weather in Army talk

flyfish = well that is just about all I do, 95% fly fish 5% or less of the other stuff..Fly tye, hunt, husband, father, dog owner etc..

fairwxflyfish

like I said it is always interesting to see how everyone got their username so lets keep them coming

I have been a fly tyer since the mid 1950s, and have been tying steadily since 1965. U is for the state I call home, and also for the town I am currently living in right now. Works even when I move, hopefully next year.

when I was creating my account, a Flying Squirrel knocked a cup of coffee into my keyboard and those were the characters that got entered... :ph34r:

when I was creating my account, a Flying Squirrel knocked a cup of coffee into my keyboard and those were the characters that got entered... :ph34r:

Is that really true? :blink: if it is that's sweet!

Well my name, I'm a fly tier and a guy, hence Fly Tyer Guy.

I'm a steelhead fisherman, plus I use to be a certifed welder for 15 yrs so "steel" was a forgone conclusion that it had to be at least part of my name. And I use to have a drift boat named the "lazy drifter" so "Steeldrifter" just covered a few aspects of my life.

Steve

Roadkill comes from a project of mine many years ago to make a vise clamp for my steering wheel so I can tie in AC comfort at streamside. I made one for a friend and signed Roadkill Flytying Company on the back and attached a warning not to tie while driving. :rolleyes:

It also fit because of the many flies I have tied with roadkill.

IMGP1254.JPG