Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
poksal

Ya got'ta have a hat to fly fish!!!

OK, FlySlinger's fault, he gave me the idea. It you're fishing you're wearing a favorite hat, it is part of fly fishing.

FlySlinger went first so I'll go next..

Now, owe up and show us that hat you're so proud of. This should be a hoot.

You would not go fishing without your hat so it is worth a giggle or two, or you may have a special hat you would NOT wear because it is too wierd or too special.

SO... get off your cheeks and shoot a picture and share it.

Well, here it is .. my favorite fishing hat.

post-34916-0-23504900-1314157478_thumb.jpg

I dont really have a favorite hat, I have a few that I wear cosistantly though, most of them have holes in the bill from hooks being placed there....

P6030143.jpg

No picture, but my favorite is a baseball cap with an oval patch on the front, like one of those bumper stickers. The kind that use an abbreviation of the place, like GNP (Glacier Nattional Park), etc. Black letters with a white background. Mine says BBT (Baldwin Bait & Tackle).

I get asked all the time "Where is BBT?", they're thinking it's an abbreviation for some National Park. :rolleyes:

Actually ran into a guy in Virginia who said "Is that a Baldwin Bait & Tackle hat?". :unsure:

They are somewhat cliche and I think it looks more "stylish" then I would normally intend but Damn I like my Tilley.

good shade, good ventilation, pretty good rain protection, great stain repellence and totally crush/packable.

ewpink.jpg

I always have on the buff angler series head wear, brown trout colour is awesome! :rolleyes:

I am highly superstitious when it comes to my headwear, and I always have a hat of some kind on while fishing. My old standby is an old black OSU hat that I have had for at least 8-9 years or more. It is my hat of choice on most trips:

IMGP2202.jpg

I broke in a new one this year, a black Under Armour visor for hotter weather. It has worked out OK for me so far, too.

I dont have a favorite hat. I actually never really started wearing a hat until this season because my head is really big so i could never find a hat i liked that fit. But at one of the fly fishing expo's i signed up for a magazine, and it was between a free hat or a free shirt with the subscription. I knew that the shirt wouldnt fit me so i picked the hat, and all it says is "Fly Fisherman" and thats what i've been using. But i'm looking into a newer hat.

Hats are fun!

Last august, at Cheesemans Canyon, The South Platte River:

post-32453-0-27673900-1314344979_thumb.jpg

11 years ago, at Finnmarksvidda, northern Norway:

post-32453-0-28518800-1314345245_thumb.jpg

43 years ago, Stockholm, Sweden...

post-32453-0-62325000-1314345328_thumb.jpg

I am highly superstitious when it comes to my headwear, and I always have a hat of some kind on while fishing. My old standby is an old black OSU hat that I have had for at least 8-9 years or more. It is my hat of choice on most trips:

IMGP2202.jpg

I broke in a new one this year, a black Under Armour visor for hotter weather. It has worked out OK for me so far, too.

GO BLUE! ;)

IMGP2202.jpg

GO BLUE! ;)

Go blue, all right...go to the Gator Bowl if you're lucky. :D

Here are a couple of pics of my 'summer hat' posed on my tripod. In order to 'commemorate' the various states I have fly fished in, some years go I started collecting the State's 'hat pin' for ornamentation. I still have four or five to go to have a complete set on the 'summer hat'. I don't think I will so adorn the winter hat, as this one is getting somewhat 'front-heavy', and I am afraid of falling face-down in a cold winter flow. Might not be able to get upright again. Could be a fresh relief in the summer!

post-8431-0-52191000-1314489990_thumb.jpg

post-8431-0-12814500-1314490005_thumb.jpg