Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

The Caddis Fly Invitational

glad they arrived and you are welcome. I am going to try the flies in the book they look like great flies.

Horseshoes flies arrived today! These look better that the photo. Thanks for the dubbing. B)

Well...they aint as purty as Old Hat's...but they ARE fishy as all get out! Bob i know I have your address some where..but it'd probably be faster if you just sent it again :lol:

Well...they aint as purty as Old Hat's...but they ARE fishy as all get out! Bob i know I have your address some where..but it'd probably be faster if you just sent it again :lol:

addy sent B)

Well, I finally got started! I had a real problem finding the brown hackle I needed. I was sure I had a brown saddle in my room, but I had recently rearranged the room and I couldn't find it. I hit a few shops in my area, but the fashion induced shortage of hackle has hit here big time-little selection and what there is is stupidly expensive. Finally looked in a drawer back home that I thought only had fur, and there was my forlorn brown saddle. Had to pick it over a lot to find enough #12, but am ready now. This is what I am tying.

P1300020.jpg

Here's the pattern I'm doing for the swap - Green Caddis Pupa. It's a variation of a Caddis Pupa tied by Mice. I'm not done yet but will be this week so Bob please shoot me an addy when you get the chance.

caddispupa.jpg

It looks pretty good against the real thing. In moving water this thing just comes alive. (This one has a wild hair)

caddispupawet.jpg post-14830-0-33091600-1327894650_thumb.jpg

The above picture of the real thing is from Troutnut.com. He has an amazing collection of high quality pictures of the bugs trout eat.

Jim

Addy sent B)

I have thought about trying to tie that fly for a long time. I am intimidated by the multiple wings, but looks very effective.

Well, I finally got started! I had a real problem finding the brown hackle I needed. I was sure I had a brown saddle in my room, but I had recently rearranged the room and I couldn't find it. I hit a few shops in my area, but the fashion induced shortage of hackle has hit here big time-little selection and what there is is stupidly expensive. Finally looked in a drawer back home that I thought only had fur, and there was my forlorn brown saddle. Had to pick it over a lot to find enough #12, but am ready now. This is what I am tying.

P1300020.jpg

Here's the pattern I'm doing for the swap - Green Caddis Pupa. It's a variation of a Caddis Pupa tied by Mice.

Jim

cencal,

Way to set the bar :-) Gorgeous fly.

John

Some great looking flies gentlemen!

I couldn't decide so you will be getting both a Sparkle Pupa and and Egg Laying Caddis. Addy Please.

post-19551-0-42546400-1328049896_thumb.jpg

post-19551-0-10590400-1328049897_thumb.jpg