Fly Tying

I have recently been thinking about fish I would love to catch on a fly rod. So far in life I have caught cutthroats, brookies, rainbows, and greyling on a fly rod. What would you think are fish that I "have" to catch on a fly rod in my life time. I am thinking of putting some money away for some destination type fly fishing trips. Thoughts and maybe tell me why you think so.

I personally would like to catch a northern pike or a musky on a fly rod. I think the fight they would put up would be awesome. Have caught both on regular gear but a fly rod would be a whole other ball game.

Wipers (Striped bass x white bass hybrids) hit like a freight train and fight harder than anything else that I've caught in fresh water; Definitely a must try if you've never caught them before. I would also recommend at least one trip to an area that has a lot of big bluegills - they are a hoot on light tackle, and taste great too!

Wiper Dawg

You HAVE to go after Golden Trout! Their small, but no picture I've ever seen can capture how beautiful they truly are!

Of course, if you are going to book trips to catch fish, you have to go to South America and catch some record sized Peacock Bass.

I would really like to fish Mongolia for the taimen & I've just recently been told that there are sea run taimen.

I have never been on a guided trip but I would really like to spend a night with Cpt Bob targeting small tarpon and big snook in Miami and a day with him in the back country.

Big gill in FL

find some local carp and other rough fish

Truly, I want to be able to wet a line till the day I pass from this mortal coil. Along the way a grayling, mullet, taimen, peacock bass and anyfish of any size from Abbey Meadow, the :ph34r: nemesis :ph34r: water back home would be very welcome.

I find it interesting that a lot of people want to fish for grayling. I remember it was the first fish that I caught on a fly rod when I was a kid in Delta Junction, Alaska. I don't remember a ton about them as a fighter, but I do remember that they had a cool fin (I was 8 or 9 at the time). I am surprised no one has mentioned redfish and only a couple tarpons. That seems to be what all the fly fishing videos are geared towards them. Unless you are talking about trout shows of course. Also, no one mentioned brown trout, that surprises me also.