Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fly Fishing Idaho

Quality Tying Materials at a good price

vouch for fly tyers dungeon...They are -very- competitively priced, their dubbing I find is very good, but the one thing I would avoid are the rubber legs...you might like them, I didnt really...they seemed...too curly ? they dont really like to stay straight and the rubber isnt what I am used to...but then again I am just starting so what do I know...theyre only like $1 a piece so you have very little to lose when trying them.

fly tyers dungeon is a good place to start and are inexpensive enough on their materials but they dont carry the selection of tying materials that j stockard, feather-craft, bob marriotts, mike hogues etyer.com or any of the bigger names in the business would carry.

there is no "one" shop who is the mother of all shops to buy materials. no "one" shop carries "all" materials

Dream Drift Flies is one such source. They carry most of the Montana Fly Company products. I purchase from J Stockard, and have never been dissapointed in the quality, service or price. Hook & Hackle is another source I use. As flytire said, there is no one stop shop. You will have to develope a network of shops both local, and on-line to supply different things.

www.flyshack.com for some things(thread, tools, etc.) but not acyual materials, flytyersdungeon.com for materials (hackles, hair, feathers, etc.), or you can check ebay (just be careful!)

I ordered a ton of stuff one year from anglers workshop. I get a discount and I found there stuff to be very good. I got lots of saddle hackel and floss, thread, tinsel and hooks. Great stuff.

JStockard, hands down. You can't beat there service and they ship fast too. They can usually get it in the mail the same the day the order is placed and depending on snail mail you get it quick.

If there would happen to be a problem with the order give them a call and they make it right.

You'll end up using many sites to find everything that you'll need, I like two the best, JStockard and flyfishusa.