Fly Tying
Markbob

Need some reading material

I just got done reading Trout on a Fly by Lee Wulff this is a great book . I'm sure most of you guys already read this book . My next book I'm looking to read is Salmon on a Fly .

Serious Flyfishing (with Survey Results) by John Waite. This is an interesting look at the fly fishing tackle industry and how it actively works to promote (or at least does little to dispel) a lot of myths about fly fishing and fly tackle. It challenges a lot of accepted fly fishing dogma and makes some interesting points. The book is a little dated (late '90's) but most of his arguments are still valid.

A taste of fishing pulp fiction for your soul ?

"Pale Morning Done" Jeff Hull. Nick Lyons Press 2005.

Inside look at the modern era Montana fishing scene.It's worth every ounce of the $3.47 it'll cost ya smile.png....http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?isbn=1592286844&clickid=zWDWcRVa5yyoSgvXFI3LN2pkUkQwNPXMeRPI0o0&cm_mmc=aff-_-ir-_-64613-_-77798&afn_sr=impact

Chris Yates is a UK angler with a great look at fishing (all kinds) and the universe. Casting at the sun and how to fish are my two favourites.

I love "Fly Fishing Mountain Lakes" by Gary LaFontaine.

LaFontaine is famous for his groundbreaking reference works including Caddisflies and his innovative fly patterns, but, until I read this book, I had no clue about his delightful writing. "Fly Fishing Mountain Lakes" reads like a collection of short stories, but it thoroughly covers Gary's insights on hiking into and fishing lakes in the high country.

If you like Gierach, I think you'll enjoy this book.

French FIshing Flies by Jean-Paul Pequegnot. Great history of some great, and very effective fly patterns.

I just picked this book up recently. It is a great addition to the tying library. The flies are unique to what you see in most books in the States but certainly would work well on the midwestern waters I fish most often. The physical quality of the book was a pleasant surprise as well.