Fly Tying
eastern fly

2013 Intruder Swap

gallery5111e11056755.jpg

Think this will work for the swap?

its got all kinds of movement everyone else went with pink purple orange or blue so I thought to go to chartruese

If this is ok here is a material list

mustad 3191 hook shank

ice dub chartruese

silver fox tail in a split thread

8 strands of ostrich in a split thread

rib medium ultra wire black

body is chartruese sulky holoshimmer

chartruese ice dub

chartruese schlappen

8 strands of ostrich in a split thread

eyes bead chain

black ice dub head

Kevin.. Forgot to tell you but my box went out yesterday. Hope they arrive safely.

Yes I got them and thanks for the extras. Again another really nice set of flies. And Riff I cant wait to see that one.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. Forgot to put in the recipes. All of the ones I tied are on the steelhead alley fly tying blog.

Well after a month of flu/bronchitis/sever sinus infection I do believe that tomorrow will be intruder tying day! WHOOOOO! Ive got some flies to tye thats for sure.I hadn't been that sick since I had the staph infection in my arm and almost died in Oregon back in the 90's! Well its going to be a nice blue and black UV special . it'll be an articu-truder with so much sexy sway that it just may get raped instead of bitten!

Well after a month of flu/bronchitis/sever sinus infection I do believe that tomorrow will be intruder tying day! WHOOOOO! Ive got some flies to tye thats for sure.I hadn't been that sick since I had the staph infection in my arm and almost died in Oregon back in the 90's! Well its going to be a nice blue and black UV special . it'll be an articu-truder with so much sexy sway that it just may get raped instead of bitten!

Ross you aint right. Glad to hear your feeling better. If you need time let me know.

Kevin

One of the posts mentioned materials being banend in some countries and I hadn't thought of that. Does anyone have a problem with real jungle cock eyes on the flies? I am planning on putting those on mine.

One of the posts mentioned materials being banend in some countries and I hadn't thought of that. Does anyone have a problem with real jungle cock eyes on the flies? I am planning on putting those on mine.

No sir. Mine all of jungle cock as well

JC is fine tied into a fly, i think it is just whole capes that should not cross borders, i know heron is a no no and can land you with a massive fine and time. Also be careful with polar bear, i am unsure if tied into a fly this can cross borders. Better safe than sorry. But yeah JC is fine tied in i heard, funny tho why can't a cape go?

I got my cape on Ebay from Estonia. No problems!

How much did they rape you for? I won one at auction and ended up paying $85 for a "c" grade cape. Did some investigation and found that those estonians had set up straw buyer accounts to jack up the price.

I know mine are kind of an ungainly mess but I'm really trying. Truth is I shouldn't have got in this swap if I'd really understood. I know now I am doing a lot o extra effort doing these because I don't know what I'm doing. I actually took one out and thru it in the water and as horrible a job as it is...it does look good in the water. I think it will do a job on the big largemouths in our small local lakes. It's an attempt at a swinging hook behind a swivel (that doesn't swivel now) with 3 strands of braided superline, maribou, maribou, maribou, lady amherst cheeks, sparkles, herl. It's a LOT of work and doesn't begin to look as nice as the ones pictured.

I tried to post a pic but "this community doesn't allow that access" or something like that. No photobucket?

I know mine are kind of an ungainly mess but I'm really trying. Truth is I shouldn't have got in this swap if I'd really understood. I know now I am doing a lot o extra effort doing these because I don't know what I'm doing. I actually took one out and thru it in the water and as horrible a job as it is...it does look good in the water. I think it will do a job on the big largemouths in our small local lakes. It's an attempt at a swinging hook behind a swivel (that doesn't swivel now) with 3 strands of braided superline, maribou, maribou, maribou, lady amherst cheeks, sparkles, herl. It's a LOT of work and doesn't begin to look as nice as the ones pictured.

I tried to post a pic but "this community doesn't allow that access" or something like that. No photobucket?

First off, dont pet the sweaty, er vice versa. Its no big, they're flies my bother, we put a lot of effort into them because we care and it is our chosen art form, but when it all comes down to it, they are an elaborately designed disposable item. I've gone to great lengths to tye a fly only to have it all go to crap on the river. and the thing about intruders is that the uglier they are the better they fish. we're talkin' about a disproportionate woolley bugger with a stinger hook. As for 3 strands of superline, Get some 20-30 pound bite tippet and double that into a loop up for the connection, its what I've used and it works fine. Now on to pictures. Just get a gmail acct and use Picasa3, great photosharing program owned by google.