Fly Tying

my new toy/tool i will now be ripping lips away from the bank so excited picked this bad boy up off of craigslist have yet to get it out on the water due to work but i will be sure and let yall know how it rides :) kayaking and fly fishing go so well together. and it fits so nice on my little tc also :)

post-41832-0-42479100-1359001147_thumb.jpg

post-41832-0-58393600-1359001174_thumb.jpg

post-41832-0-18118900-1359001187_thumb.jpg

post-41832-0-41694300-1359001200_thumb.jpg

Looks like a nice ride. I just bought a used Ride 135. It is a little cold here right now so it may be a little while before it sees the water though. I am not a member of the polar bear club.

Craig's list, huh? If you don't mind, how much did you pay? I'd love to get a kayak ... just can't justify the money when I have a 14 foot flat bottom boat.

That looks like a great new toy to attack the river with. Sometimes around here you can pick up a decent kayak at a nice price at the rental places. I guess they get newer models in and then let the older ones go really cheap. I paddle sometimes but have not fished yet because I'm afraid I will get into a huge muskie and go for a ride.

Take Care, Tony

I've been looking pretty hard for one myself haven't found a deal on CL yet but still hoping, $350 for a new one is gonna take a little while to warm up too but I've definitely have the fever

but have not fished yet because I'm afraid I will get into a huge muskie and go for a ride.

Take Care, Tony

I must have missed something ... is there a bad side to this?

Hey Mikechell look and see if there is a chat board for paddlers in your area. Kayakers trade up and frequently sell older ones to newbies. Also people who thought they wanted to kayak do so for six months tire of it and sell. Craigslist is good too. Woodinfliezz becareful storing yours in a garage. While you are not around they asexually reproduce and they next time your wife looks you have two kayaks and then three. LOL

I bought a Dagger Blackwater 11.5. Thought it was the best ultimate fishing kayak. Great river boat, floats in very little water, doesn't paddle long distances well. Bought a Santa Cruz 12.5 very stable quick boat, my son liked it. Bought a 16.9 Herron. Wow what a great open water boat. I tell the wifeI have no idea how it happened.

Buy the lightest best fiberglass or carbon paddle you can afford. All day paddling the difference between 3 pound aluminum and a 2 pound carbon is huge.

Mikechell, I fish better than I swim. I like white water with a vest on but I know that a muskie will have me up the river and then down the river and then under the river. Once I have a fish on I am too stupid to let go...

i paid 300 for it regular price is 479 so not a bad deal at all i could of talked him down but he gave me a cart paddle anchor also. i was looking at another kayak but the day i was supposed to pick it up for 350 and it was a lesser model i checked craigslist one more time and saw this one got it the same day :). i cant wait to get it out i think i will be out this weekend on the savannah trying it out

Looks great! I've been watching craigslist off and on trying to justify a kayak. Some creeks around us are perfect for kayaks in the spring when the white bass and hybrids are spawning.

Hopefully you can cast out of yours better than I can out of mine, I was ready to go crazy last time I carried the fly rod out with me ..

post-44625-0-85142600-1359524048_thumb.jpg

Hopefully you can cast out of yours better than I can out of mine, I was ready to go crazy last time I carried the fly rod out with me ..

attachicon.gifKayakFlyRod.jpg

It's all about practice AND the right kind of kayak for fly fishing. I have a Wilderness Ride135 which I easily stand up and fly fish from. My Wilderness Tarpon120 doesn't have the primary stability of the Ride, I can't stand in it (some folks can), but fly fishing is no problemo.

Kayaks are a lot like fly rods. You can find one that does a bunch of stuff well, but none of them will do everything.

post-19468-0-26793000-1359639692_thumb.jpgpost-19468-0-86526100-1359639725_thumb.jpgpost-19468-0-26793000-1359639692_thumb.jpg

Here is my kayak. This will be my third year flyfishing out of it. I think its great I can get to places that nobody else can. Got a 9wt for christmas and I am going to try for pike out of thr kayak.